1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k most comp list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Komodo, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Komodo
    Jungle Swarm

Komodo New Member

Played seraphon/lizardmen for 10 years so aware on the forum you will have many people asking whats the most competitive list seraphon have! Im genuinely interested after ghb19 what the answers could be. Ive always played skinks based lists as i like the theme behind the smaller lizard kind. I feel seraphon were pretty damn strong in aos1. I mean getting a skink to 4+ save rerolling,ignoring -1 rend was deeply frustrating to your opponent . But its been a hard road for most tournements around the world for seraphon players and was looking for some input on 2 k lists that dont revolve around ripper spam which has never been my go to list as i feel razordons output is far superior than relying on a glass cannon unit to win the game. Thanks in advance

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

In my opinion these are three of the army's more competitive builds. One does use Rippers, but what they kill is far less important than what they tie down. DT is used for board control. It should also be possible to build an Endless Spell spam list with how cheap Skink Starpriest are. I imagine it would preform moderately well in the EU scene where endless spells are more dominate.

Seraphon is in a good place for tournaments at the moment. This is because of how agile and flexible the army is. We are well equipped to play the counter meta game. The army does however require a massive amount of game knowledge.

These aren't the only viable list by any means. I premodinately use DT or a Ripper and EotGs list in the events that I attend. I generally go 4 major wins and a minor loss at the large GTs I attend. I sweep 3 major wins at any single day events though.

2000pt Dracthion's Tail/Shadowstrike Starhost

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Mortal Realm: Ulgu

LEADERS:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Great Rememberer
    - Artefact : Miasmatic Blade

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (240)
    - Artefact : Doppelganger Cloak Saurus
    Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact : Betrayer's Crown
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - Artefact : Light of Dracothion

UNITS:
    6 x Ripperdactyl Riders (280)
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (70)
    -Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lance
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lance
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    3 x Razordons (120)

BATTALIONS:
    Dracothion's Tail
    (80)
    Firelance Starhost (150)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN:
    Balewind Vortex
    (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)

TOTAL: 1990/2000
    EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 3
    WOUNDS: 107

Units I place in the Heavens:
    • Oldblood on Carnosaur
    • Scar-veteran on Cold One
    • Razordons
    • Saurus Knights (with lances)x1
    • Ripperdactyls (technically in the clouds)
    This is list I use for 2k tournaments. It is centered around setting the tempo of the game and removing your opponents major threats turn one. It takes strong threat assessment and good movement to use effectively, but it hasn't lost for me yet.

Turn one I LoSaT my Slann up field if needed to gain range on deploying my Razordons and ScV on CO. Try to find the corner of a horde unit to engage with the ScV on Co to make good use of Betrayer's Crown and with luck you will tie the unit up in combat for more than one turn or force an unfavorable retreat.

Engage the enemies largest threat with your Ripperdactyls. This is where game knowledge is crucial. The threat potential of any given unit changes from list to list and based upon the given battleplan.

The Oldblood on Carno is generally used as my second wave. I try to save this deployment for a counter attack to remove any units my opponent used to clear my Ripperdactyles.

Use your Skinks to grab center field objectives.

Be mindful of your Cogs. The goal of this list is to control your opponent's movement phase by tying up units in combat. Make sure that you do not give your opponent extra movement that will allow them to reach objectives.

The Oldblood on Carnosaur can be swapped out for an EotGs if you want more utility and less alpha strike. However, the Oldblood Carno is extremely useful in match ups vs Flesh-eater Courts.

Here is a link to a previous Q&A from the list's GHB2018 incarnation.

2000pt Thunderquake Starhost

- Mortal Realm: Shyish

LEADERS:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Artefact : The Ragged Cloak

Engine of the Gods (240)
    - Artefact : Ethereal Amulet
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Starpriest (80)

UNITS:
    3 x Razordons (120)
    3 x Skink Handlers (40)
    10 x Skinks (70)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (70)
    10 x Skinks (70)
    10 x Skinks (70)

BEHEMOTHS:
    Bastiladon
    (280)
    Bastiladon (280)

BATTALIONS
    Thunderquake Starhost
    (120)

Balewind Vortex
    (40)
    Chronomatic Cogs (80)

TOTAL: 1980/2000
    EXTRA COMMAND POINTS:1
    WOUNDS: 95

This is a pretty standard Thunderquake Starhost. Shoot and focus fire down key enemy units while hiding behind your big dinos. The Cogs, BwV, and Astrolith should provide enough Celestial Conjuration points to keep the army functional in the late game.

Thunderquake requires you to always plan a turn in advance. Due to how critical your Astrolith's rerolls are to the army you cannot afford to LoSaT your Astrolith to act a beacon for placing summoned units. This means the units you summon will have to wait a turn to be placed more ideally in most instances.

Due to the Etheral Amulet all three of the army's behemoth will be unrendable. Combined with rerolls to saves and healing D3 per your herophase the list is remarkably durable.

Plan your turn sequencing carefully if you win the roll off or are able to dictate first turn. This army's teeth are in the shooting phase and your first shooting phase will be without the benefits of rerolls to wound.

Quick Guide:
    • Get two 10xSkink units to objectives asap
      • LoSaT is ideal for this
    • Choose Savage in your first charge phase
    • Use Bastiladons to soak attack from units with high rend
    • Keep the Battalion in range of both the Slann and Astrolith Bearer.
    2000pt Kroak+Slann Mortal Wound Spam

- Mortal Realm: Ulgu

LEADERS:
    Slann Starmaster
    (260)
    - General
    - Artefact : Miasmatic Blade

Lord Kroak (430)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    - Artefact : Light of Dracothion
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - Artefact : Betrayer's Crown
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Knight-Incantor (140)
    - Allies

UNITS:
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    -Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lances
    5 x Saurus Knights (80)
    - Lance
    3 x Razordons (120)

BATTALIONS:
    Firelance Starhost
    (150)
    Dracothion's Tail (80)

Balewind Vortex
    (40)
    Chronomantic Cogs (80)
    Everblaze Comet (100)

TOTAL: 1970/2000
    EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 2
    WOUNDS: 87

Units in the Heavens:
    • Lord Kroak
    • Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    • Saurus Scar-Veteran on Coldone
    • One 5x Saurus Knights
    • One 3x Razordons

The goal of the list is to spam mortal wounds and kill enemy support heroes with Kroak and the Everblaze Comet while thinning hordes with Betrayer's Crown and spells from the new Seraphon Lore.

This is a two drop list and should allow for the army to dictate first turn. Generally it will be best to take the first turn when the most targets are grouped for both the Everblaze Comet and Kroak's Spells. Once the Slann Starmast is on BwV it should have range to use Stellar Tempest on a horde unit.

Quick Guide:
    • Drop Lord Kroak and the Saurus Astrolith Bearer in range of enemy units.
    • Unload Kroak's Mortal wounds.
    • LoSaT both Kroak and AB to Safety.
    • Deploy the ScV on CO near an enemy horde that is out of range of your Slann's spells.
      • This is to use Betrayer's Crown in the combat phase.
    • Cast Everblaze Commet.
    • Cast Cogs from Skink Starpriest near Slann.
    • Cast BwV for Slann.

Aginor, Komodo and SeraphonArmy like this.