1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2K Saurus list, no summoning!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Galen, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Galen
    Saurus

Galen Active Member

Yeah it doesn't come through much on the final product. You tend to see it a little bit between the scales. It was a highly experimental paint scheme that actually wasn't intended to come out like this, then I tried it and really liked it so I just went with it.

2. Willsabeefcake
    Skink

Willsabeefcake New Member

What's everyone's thoughts on painting monsters different colours? It makes sense for me that they would be, the troglodon being poisonous I always think should be painted in more vibrant colours. But from an army colour scheme pount of view they always look better being similar schemes. Love the grey BTW!!

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I like painting monsters quite differently from my Skinks. For me there is no good reason why the big Dinos should have the same color as my Skinks or Saurus.
    That way you also have a nice color contrast to your riders.

Willsabeefcake likes this.
  4. Willsabeefcake
    Skink

How about basti compared to carnosaur compared to trog?

5. Aginor
    Slann

I would probably keep it consistent within a species (like with my two Bastis which have the same colors, just different patterns) but I used different colors for all different monsters. Green with orange Troggy, red and white Carno, dark green and sand colored Basti, purple Stegadon.

The exception will probably be my other two Stegadons, I will paint them with different skin colors.

6. Willsabeefcake
    Skink

That's cool to know that you do different schemes for each larger Dino. How do you find that blends with your main saurus/skinks? Is it hard finding different schemes to make them look different but no clash with everuthing else?

7. Aginor
    Slann

I think they are fine visually.
    If the bases are in the same style and the riders are in a common style then they fit together IMO.

There is a link to my blog in my signature. I have posted some pictures of my big dinos.

I think picking colors is all about contrast. I avoid colors that are close to the riders, so no intense blue for example. If I had to make a blue Carnosaur for example I would pick either a very dark or very light blue, or a greyish one.

Seraphage likes this.
  8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

A great report ! Totally enjoyed it, gj !

Galen likes this.