1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2v2 Tournament, 1500pts Seraphon with Ironjawz help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ExponentSalt, Jul 3, 2018.

1. ExponentSalt
    Jungle Swarm

ExponentSalt New Member

I joined a 2v2 tournament that's happening in around two weeks. Only restrictions are minimum 3 battlelines total, 650-850pts each (total <1500). I'm partnered with an experienced Ironjawz player, very inexperienced myself. The idea he suggested was that he would tank in the frontline, and I (Seraphon) would be pure ranged/magic. He plans to take one of these two lists:

1. Ironjawz
    Orruk Megaboss (140)
    Orruk Warboss (140)
    Orruk Warchanter (80)
    5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
    5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
    Total: 720 / 750

2. Ironjawz
    Orruk Megaboss (140)
    Orruk Warboss (140)
    Orruk Weirdknob Shaman (120)
    5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
    10 x Orrus Ardboys (180)
    Total: 760 / 750

The two ideas I thought of were these:

1. Allegiance: Seraphon
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    - General
    - Master of Star Rituals
    - Incandescent Rectrices

10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    3 x Razordons (120)
    Bastiladon (280)
    - Solar Engine
    Stegadon (220)
    - Skystreak Bow
    Total: 760/750

2. Allegiance: Seraphon
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Skink Priest (80)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Bastiladon (280)
    Total: 780/750

And possibly a cheesy third:
    3. Allegiance: Seraphon
    Lord Kroak (450)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skinks (60)
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Total: 710/750

Thoughts on these three? I have most all Seraphon units available. Considered chamo skinks, but their output seemed unreliable? though I haven't had much experience using them yet. Shadowstrike Starhost was considered, but wouldn't my only output of Ripperdactyls be way too weak (as in squishy and only good for one round)? Any comments or critique would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!

I play against Ironjawz pretty often and I think the Brutes list is better because it hits harder.

As for the Seraphon lists:
    1. OK shooting and not that squishy. You can also hide your squishy support hero behind the big dinosaurs.
    2. If you don't get into melee those Bastiladons will do a load of damage. And the enemy has to either ignore them (dangerous) or focus everything on them or they won't go down.
    3. Yeah, pure cheese. Borderline broken. You can either bomb the hell out of everyone or summon a ton of stuff every round. I would probably just nuke around with the comet, killing hard targets especially, and summon Skinks until everyone is weeping. In a pinch you can LoSaT Kroak near the enemy and shred them to bits.