1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 3rd Place Adepticon Tourney Report

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Adam Trunzo, Mar 28, 2018.

1. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Soft scores are like, how much people enjoyed playing against you?

2. darren watson
    Kroxigor

darren watson Well-Known Member

Yup i guess it' not not too much fun to play against.
    Might have to curb my instincts to go all out 1st turn

3. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

I feel like some armies force you into that position though, like the shadowstrike. My friend has a beastclaw composition that you really NEED to kill one of the thundertusks right away or the heals get too nasty and he's throwing 6 mortal wound snowballs at ur key pieces. Basically I have to go balls out first turn and if I succeed I'll win and if I fail I lose

Crowsfoot and darren watson like this.
  4. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Can you post your list? ;) I played kroaknado too, what do you think about mine?

Starpriest
    2x10 skinks
    40 skinks
    6 rippers
    Shadowstrike battalion
    Kroak
    Astrolith
    Bastilodont
    4 razodont
    Balewind vortex to summon
    Tot 2000

5. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Looks strong, similar to what I ran at Facehammer

Bloodtithe list is in my most recent post in batreps on a live stream where I'm explaining it. Hopefully it's useful.

Comment on there if you give it a watch
    Think we've hijacked Adam's thread enough!

Xasto and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Hey Adam Trunzo, or other experienced seraphon players, would you mind discussing the differences between a Slann + EoTG list vrs a Kroak list? Kroak seems like it does more damage on paper and is sort of more difficult to kill. I was wondering what others thought.

7. Adam Trunzo
    Skink

Adam Trunzo Member

This is what i see as differences (roughly)

Kroak - damage is slightly less on an individual target but does more damage in general though possibly with a shorter range if you roll poorly. Also tougher to kill. I think he requires too many support pieces to be effective and is too expensive and immobile

Slann - can double teleport and with the EotG can cause more mortal wounds to a single target than Kroak. Also can be more mobile and can have the retrices for more durability. Also the engine is a big distraction piece that helps draw enemy fire. In my games the strategy was to use the engine and slann along with the celestant prime to kill the ONE key lynchpin character in my opponents force.

Seraphage and Joshua Horchler like this.
  8. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Thanks Adam!! I am looking forward to copying your list and giving it a try!

9. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Kroaks max output on a single target is the same? 3x d3. Slann+Engine d6 + d3? Or am I missing something?

IggyStarhost and Tizianolol like this.
  10. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

That's a good point. I think the main points Adam made are still valid. I think most people would go Kroak, but it seems like the EoTG +Slann, as a slightly cheaper, more mobile, option is also viable.

It is also a lot less casting.

darren watson likes this.
  11. darren watson
    Kroxigor

Definitely viable. Adam's kicking ass with it

12. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Engine is interesting But if you want a good shot with engine you need 6-9 roll with 4 dice discarding one of them. I don't know if you can do it wherever you want!

13. IggyStarhost
    Ripperdactil

IggyStarhost Well-Known Member

I believe it’s somewhere about 80% chance or doing so (with curse of faith). We did the math somewhere on this forum. And it gets better when you get wounded a bit. That being said, it’s almost the same as a spell, with having a chance to succeed. Except it cant be dispelled. Although the curse of faith can be. While that only helps with increasing the chances. And if it you roll it yourself, it’s just another mortal wound :)

14. Adam Trunzo
    Skink

Adam Trunzo Member

I think the biggest difference for me is that it is a lot more mobile than Kroak and that the EotG is a fairly survivable hero for certain scenarios. Its also a less complex chain combo so less likely to be picked apart by certain spells or abilities. I also really like that the EotG ability is not a spell or shooting attack and so gets through a lot of defenses/ negates a bad teleport.

Joshua Horchler likes this.
  15. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Hey Adam, have you ever tried any other Stormcast Allies? I feel like there are some interesting units/heroes that could synergize well with Shadowstrike. I guess the biggest thing about the Prime is the guaranteed 3 mortal wounds for finishing off your alpha strikes. But the Dracoth and other mobile/flanking Stormcast could add some value.

16. Adam Trunzo
    Skink

Adam Trunzo Member

My first set of lists had a unit of judicators and a unit of protectors but i found that they were too slow and that castling up behind the protectors against super shooty armies only delayed the inevitable. I moved over to the Prime to when i decided to go full alpha strike. It seems like fulminators would be a good pick too but wouldnt be able to hit in the first turn. I have found my list quickly loses punch so fulminators would be good to help keep up the fighting power.

Seraphage and Joshua Horchler like this.
  17. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

That was sort of my idea. I use to play a lot of 40k and the same idea worked with Drop Pod or alpha strike armies. If you had some tough, fast, hard hitting units (bikers) to follow up your first turn it was a good balance.

I think a lot of people would look at your list and think that the Prime and Rippers would be toast after turn 1, but it seemed like you played your alpha strikes well and did enough dmg. I haven't played with the Prime but his defenses do scare me a little.

Thanks for the respones!

18. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

So old thread but...

thread necro.jpg

... sir @Adam Trunzo I recently came across some beautiful lizards painted by you for what looks like an Armies on Display Board!

1.jpg

Link, and to twitter.

Love it, especially that water fall and river!

Astounding work, an I love your terrain and water effects! Thanks for the inspiration and the how-to-do-it pics! :eek::D:cool::artist::artist::artist::artist:

Aginor likes this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

That's great!