1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 500, 750 and 1k lizzy lists

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Tyrannis, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Tyrannis
    Jungle Swarm

Tyrannis New Member

Ok, so I had a complete rethink of my Lizardmen and here's what I came up with. The three armies are progressions of each other.

Lizardmen 500 points

Heroes

Skink Chief
    Additional Hand Weapon
    Light Armour
    Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
    81 points

Skink Priest
    Diadem of Power
    100 points

Core

11 Skink Skirmishers
    Scouts
    77 points

11 Skink Skirmishers
    Javelins & Shields
    66 points

Special

5 Saurus Cavalry
    175 points

Total = 499 points

I picked a Jaguar Skink of Death over a Saurus one as I figured that would save me a few points. The Priest is there to provide some Magical Defence as well as take a few potshots at some weaker units.

The Core units are pretty standard, the odd number of models in each unit are just point fillers.

The Cavalry are pretty simple too, they'll just head down a flank and support my Scouts I guess.

Lizardmen 750 points list

Heroes

Saurus Scar-Veteran
    Army General
    Blessed Spawning of Itzl
    Blessed Spawning of Sotek
    Cold One
    Sword of Striking
    Light Armour
    Shield
    167 points

Skink Priest
    Diadem of Power
    100 points

Core

12 Skink Skirmishers
    Scouts
    84 points

13 Skink Skirmishers
    Javelins & Shields
    78 points

13 Skink Skirmishers
    78 points

Special

6 Saurus Cavalry
    Musician
    Champion
    240 points

Total = 747 points

I have replaced the Jaguar Skink with a Saurus on a Cold One for his better Leadership. He'll probably just hang around near the Skinks and provide some Leadership until he gets into Charge range of the enemy. The Priest is the same.

I added another unit of Skinks and beefed the squads up to 12+. The Scouting Skinks will just get in behind some terrain or something and maybe take out a lone Mage or something. As I've said before, The other two units will hang around the Saurus for his Leadership.

As you can see, I've just added a Musician and Champion into the Cavalry unit. they'll fulfill the same role, just sweep up one side of the board and maybe get a flank charge somewhere.

Lizardmen 1000 points

Heroes

Saurus Scar-Veteran
    Army General
    Blessed Spawning of Itzl
    Blessed Spawning of Sotek
    Cold One
    Sword of Striking
    Light Armour
    Shield
    167 points

Skink Priest
    Diadem of Power
    100 points

Core

13 Skink Skirmishers
    Scouts
    91 points

13 Skink Skirmishers
    Javelins & Shields
    78 points

13 Skink Skirmishers
    78 points

Special

8 Saurus Cavalry
    Musician
    Champion
    310 points

3 Kroxigor
    174 points

Total = 998 points

Ok, the Heroes are the same, no changes here.

Again, not a lot of changes here, just a unit filler for the Scouts.

I have sinked a fair few points into the Special choices this time, adding 2 more Cavalry and a unit of 3 Kroxigor. The Cavalry will still fulfill the same role, while the Kroxigor use the Skinks as a shield before charging through them at the finish line, if there are any left to charge through that is!

That's basically it from me, any C&C would be much appreciated.

2. freakndell
    Saurus

freakndell New Member

Well, here we go:

Imho you are hanging on SCOR a bit to much....I like the models. There gameplay is less impressive.....
    Try fieldig some terradons or something...the are ace vs enemycasters or warmachine.
    Last but not least...no sallies :jawdrop: They ROCK!

3. Tyrannis
    Jungle Swarm

Tyrannis New Member

Ok, I get your drift, SCOR are not great in low level battles. Should I leave them out completely until 1500?

Would you run a Jaguar Saurus in 500 points in place of the Skink Chief?

4. freakndell
    Saurus

freakndell New Member

If you ask me....Yes i would definitly go for kroxes at low pts.lvl.
    They have T4 (as do SCOR), they cause fear (as do SCOR) they have 3 wounds each, no stupidity and can charge trough your skink screen. (They do have 2 inch less charge range tough).

At higher lvl your SCOR can (and will) become a force to be reckoned with (especially with huanchi's banner). When facing shooting then, they will have allotta targets. So more options to stay alive. At low lvl they have only one target........

and to answer your second question...Yes i would still run a scar-vet at 500. Not as tooled up as the "real nike-saurus" but still sturdy. The reason still is it's leadership. cold blooded 6, or cold blooded 8 (when facing fear causing enemies, you will "feel" the difference)
    I would run 1 scar-vet, a blok of saurus warriors, some skinks (2 unit of 10) and some sallies......But that's just a quick fill in for those numbers. Because i never really plaed that!

The format sounds great...good luck!

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I agree the JSOD is a better choice in most builds than the Saurus on a Cold one