1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 500 Points out of the Start Collecting Box

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Solimbar, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Solimbar
    Skink

Solimbar Member

Lately, my gaming group switched form 40k to Age of Sigmar and started a build-up campain. Since I never played WHF or AoS before I don't have any models but got the tip to start with the "Start Collecting" box of the Seraphon.

First step for our campain would be to build an army with a maximum of 500pts. No hero with more than 120pts and no proxies so only the minis from the "Start Collecting" box. I experimented a little bit with the warscroll builder and this is what I got, but I have no idea of whether this is a good choice.

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One
    (100)
    - General
    Skink Starpriest (100)

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Knights
    (120)
    - Lances
    - Seraphon Battleline

10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    - Spears

Total: 420/500

At higher points I want to use one of the saurus heroes on carnosaurus, or is the Troglodon the better choice?

Warden and Bowser like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Starting list is solid, Carnosaurus is a monster/hero/warmachine hunter, Troglodon is more of a support unit, it is good in attack but not as lethal as a Carny.

As you develop your army you will notice that Seraphon are all "synergies" you take this model to buff that unit etc etc, if you have a Slann in your army the Troglodon is perfect as he can be used to cast the Slanns spells (vassel) giving you a greater distance.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Carnosaur would be the way to go early on as Troglodon is nice but more situational.

Pretty much what @Crowsfoot says

Warden, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Solid list from the SC, at such low points. Carnosaur all the way, then when you expand get a second SC. Then you can worry about carno or trog.

Seraphage and Aginor like this.