1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. 8th ed. official eratta faq link?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by bezkenobi, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

Do we have any idea if Blowpipes will be considered to be quick to fire weapons?

2. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Nope they are not quick to fire

3. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

Yeah, this really is surprising to me as the rulebook shows a freaking blowpipe skink right next to the entry for quick to fire. I thought for sure the faq would have that.

4. Slothmasta
    Skink

Slothmasta New Member

no mention on where the Slann is placed in a unit of temple guard which means its still in the second rank so they lose some supporting attacks :(

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Sadly , no.

I was most disapointed in that!

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

On the upside, the Ancient Stegadon can stand and shoot with its blowpipes.. was this always the case and I'm just not remembering?

With regards to skrox, the "great reach" rule being removed means krox in the second rank can attack with max of 3 attacks and don't get to stomp. Additonally, any kroxigors behind those in the second rank can't attack (unless you make the unit a horde). Had they kept great reach, krox would have stomp, be able to fight with more than 3 attacks if under the influence of a spell, AND any krox behind them would get supporting attacks. Would have been a bit too good!

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah no quick to fire blowpipes unfortunately.. Still, the skirmishers can march and shoot now which is a small bonus. Really not much good came out of the FAQ except horned ones no longer a magic item. There appears to be nothing stopping the Slann taking a magic carpet though, which is cool.

8. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

Except that Krox have great reach factored into their point cost. :(

9. Crovan
    Jungle Swarm

Crovan New Member

I disagree. It didn't need an FAQ. The new BRB states that a unit with spears "fight(s) in an extra rank." No mention of only 1 attack or making supporting attacks. They simply get one additional rank of attacks. So a 5 wide unit would hit with 25 attacks pretty much all the time, due to step up. It's a much needed boost for saurus, and I find it odd so many LM players are of the mindset that it doesn't work the way that it is clearly worded. Maybe I've missed a superceding official clarification somewhere.

10. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

I think the book states (though I can't confirm) that "fight in extra rank" means you get an extra rank of supporting attacks. I believe "fight in extra rank" is listed separately in the special rules section.

11. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

Yep I check that. It says an extra rank of supporting attacks. So no more 2 attacks from the second rank anymore.

12. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Much needed boost for Saurus? Why would one of the best infantry in the game need a boost?

And Caneghem is right, it is clarified that spears provide an extra rank of supporting attacks, so no 2 attacks from back ranks.

13. Crovan
    Jungle Swarm

Crovan New Member

I stand corrected. Crystal clear and concise rules in 8th as well, I see. Glad I didn't glue any spears on yet.

And yes, saurus needed a boost. I1 and M4 made for not many charges and dying before they swung. Now, instead of maybe 3 attacks, we get 16 with FC. LM were plenty good in 7th, but saurus in anything but MSU was a waste. Big part of why I left WFB for round-basing until 8th.

Edit: Also, no mention of EotG in this thread that I've seen. +1 to rolls means you could leave the slnn at home and still have a decent caster.

14. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Well if saurus needed a boost, then you must just have hated all infantry in 7th as they were one of the best.

15. Crovan
    Jungle Swarm

Crovan New Member

Y
    Make a real refutation then come back and see me mmk? Point is, they got buffed with Step Up especially with HWS. Whether or not they needed it is moot, despite your inexplicable attempt to belabor the point.

16. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

The numbers have been run many times before, no need to replicate them for your sake since you are the only one that thinks they needed a boost.

17. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

Doesnt this mean that it does nothing at all, since Slann already has a 4+ ward save, and isnt allowed to use both ward and regen? I havent used my Lizzies in a while so its not totally fresh in my mind...

18. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Yup pretty much, it would be a waste to spend points on a regen save that is equivalent to your ward save and you can only choose one. But as it was there from 7th they still had to clarify it for 8th.

19. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

It would be useful in one very specific case, taking the solo slann and going against lore of life which has the spell that makes you reroll your successful ward saves. But yeah, nobody took it before and nobody will take it now.