1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age 9th Age (beta) out now - check link in first post

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I'll find the page number later, but I believe it's the green text under "allocating hits "

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Cheers, let me know if you find the page number because I can't find reference to the rule you speak of anywhere.

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Read the green text under "allocating attacks and rolling to hit".
    Distributed attacks are specifically mentioned as ranged attacks.
    The Spawn-kin rule differentiates between distributed and "normal" attacks.

spawn kin.jpg

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I'll try out a test list tomorrow. It's going to have 1000pts core lol. Skrox, skink cohort and saurus warriors all in one list :D I'm also fielding TGs, CoRs and the +1WS bastiladon.

What I didn't know before tonight was that champions now gain +1WS and +1A, so CoR and TG champ is actually at WS5 and with the bastiladon they're WS6 lol.
    Them champion also allow the unit to always roll 4 with the dice. So a M4 unit is always guaranteed to get a succesful charge at 8" or less away.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Thanks @Pinktaco , my set of rules must be older because it doesn't have the green additions (only the blue ones). That definitely makes the Skrox unit an interesting prospect.

6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

First feedback report posted on the internal subforum. It's based on feedback from playtesters, discussions on this forum and the T9A forum and finally also some personal comments as objective as I possibly could be.

This is my list of priorities proposed:

Priority fixes ASAP:
    1. Slann to take more than one disicpline.
    2. Ripperdacty to be reverted back to previously, add +1I.
    3. Revert Razordons and Salamanders back to previously, maybe very minor change to razordon.
    Lesser priorities:
    1. Blowpipe skinks.
    2. Saurus Warriors (including Sacred Spawnings)
    3. Kroxigors (special)
    4. Various fluff issues.
    The odd one out:
    1. The troglodon.
    Next balance patch is friday the 25th this month. If you want more say in how things should be I need more observations from actual playtests.

7. Yrtomin
    Saurus

Yrtomin Member

Balance patch is out now boys

8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

So the Army Book Committee have been elected. The Reptilian army have 3 ABC members all with experience in highly competitive tournaments.
    So far two of the members have created their own version of the LM book. One of them is trying to incorporate some things from previous editions and the other is more akin to the current TAC version. Both look good though and I'm sure our army is in good hands.

It would appear both want to add a Kroxigor hero and sacred spawnings, so we'll see if they can persuade the rest of the team to accept that. Other than that it looks like you'd expect :)

9. The Sauric Ace
    Salamander

The Sauric Ace Well-Known Member

Where can these suggestion of army books be found? :)

10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

Yahoo! good news, I will be looking forward to what they do with the lizards.

11. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Internal stuff I'm afraid, but since in their army support I'm in contact with them. :)

12. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

October the 27th is their/our deadline for the full AB beta release, so you can soon see for yourself :D

They're trying to set up a Skype conference tomorrow, I'm not entirely sure if I'm part of it yet :p

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Kroxigor hero.... YES!!!! :):):):) That would be so awesome. Not having a Kroxigor hero introduced in our 8th edition army book was one of the greatest missed opportunities in my opinion. I really hope these guys go through with it and do a good job on the character (i.e. making him sufficiently powerful that he stands apart from ordinary kroxigor... just like a scar-vet stands out from ordinary saurus).

Thanks for the continued updates @Pinktaco

15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I'm almost positive we'll see a krox hero, but we'll see. The argument is that he'll be a very tough alternative BSB with T5, 4W and Scaly Skin 4+. :)

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Interesting... I'd say that his scaly skin should be 3+ to differentiate him from regular Kroxigor. Then again. if he can be augmented with 50pts of magic items it shouldn't be a big deal if he remains with a 4+. Do you think the Krox hero will be strength 6?

17. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Just had a conference with two of the ABC guys. Unfortunately we had limited time, but overall kroxigor hero and special stegadon should be a go. They agreed to both suggestions.

Bastiladon Snake Engine will get something extra. Suggestions were a bound spell that fit the theme, snake attacks or snake respawning.

18. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

With Light Armour as an option he won't need SS3+ and it might be a bit too powerful (armour of destiny and great weapon would be an easy option). The current idea is that the Kroxigor hero should work as a tanky BSB alternative with T5, easy access to 1+ save and 4W. S6 is too powerful, although personally I think it would've been great :D Also an argument against that was that the Hero Minotaur is S5 as well.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

How would he have an easy access to a 1+ armour save? Even with a magic item that grants heavy armour he would be "stuck" at 2+. His great weapon would preclude him from using a shield in combat.

I'd imagine he'll have leadership 8. Initiative 2?

20. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

The current proposal is that he'd come with a hand weapon and Shield with access to both GW, halbard and light armour as upgrades.

Besides even if the kroxigor hero came with a GW it have magical item allowance so you'd be able to take a magic sword and Enchanted Shield along with the Light Armour upgrade.

And yes, close, I3 and Ld8. Personally I think I2 is more fitting, but that's not my decision xD

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.