1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery A few of my sketches

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Zeetherak, Dec 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Maybe this will help you come up with new ideas!

Maybe this one too. Lizard and Man.

EDIT: The most recent Tierzoo video is dinosaur tiers!

2. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

Its been ages since I had this much Good critisizme on my art work.

I need to look into fixing this.
    1: Arms and hands, with bigger hands. yes they do building of Tools, buildings and so.

2: Tail ( I am keeping the club tails) but I might look into how to intergrade those.

3: Teeth. Well the Slann are the only lizardmen that has Lips. so... ill take a few liberaties XD

3. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

We will be back!
    upload_2019-9-2_20-47-36.png

4. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

upload_2019-9-2_21-2-40.png
    Oh yeah

Decided to make two vertions this time. its a wip.

5. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

I now want to make an asssassin dinosaur vertion of the raptor XD

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

I like to provide constructive criticism rather than simple praise. That's why the fluff subforum continues to grow in quantity and quality of content despite other similar Warhammer forums having declining fluff. You deserve simple praise but that can be achieved by clicking "like" which I also did.

Speaking of likes. @NIGHTBRINGER 's boasting thread has become a thread to celebrate the achievements of all. I'm sure you can get more likes if you celebrate your trophy there.

What type of assassin? In a lot of fantasy media "assassin" just means a "bad ass warrior who is fast and agile." In the real world, assassins are often not badasses. They are dirty fighters or just dirty. Assassins find targets when they are vulnerable and kill them when they cannot fight back.

I'm not sure how cool the art would be, but the best Lizardmen/Seraphon assassin I can think of would be a Chameleon Skink that has a working knowledge of non-Saurian language and basic knowledge of the cultures of his enemies. Give him a smart Skink herbalist to supply him with poisons and the assassin is all set. Rather than shooting blowgun darts at his target, he puts poison in his target's rum. Unlike a poisoned blow gun dart, it's not immediately apparent that "the Seraphon killed our commander!" Ideally an assassin wants to make it unclear whether the target was murdered or died of natural causes. Unless the assassin wants to inspire terror. Seraphon might engage in psychological warfare but I doubt it's their go-to move.

A less practical but more visually interesting reptile assassin would be a lanky lizard humanoid that has the abilty to climb walls like Spiderman (or you know, like a great many real world lizards). Have him hold a dagger or vial of poison in his prehensile tail and give him harsh scary eyes.

A weaponized prehensile tongue would be cool but it would dangerous too. It woud be very easy for a foe with a sharp blade to slice said Lizard's tongue. So the Lizard would probably need to have some kind of regeneration ability.

Warden, Aginor, Zeetherak and 2 others like this.
  7. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Raptors already have their niche in Lizardmen/Seraphon society as cavalry mounts, in the form of cold ones and horned ones.
    A troodon-like build would work for that.

Warden, Zeetherak and Scalenex like this.
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

That sort of reminds me. I'm not great at putting concepts in my head into visual representations.

One minor thing from 8th edition that sticks in my head is that Sea Creature is a special rule in the main rulebook. In every army book 8th edition every released, there are zero units that have that special rule. The Monstrous Arcanum has one creature with that special rule. Given that a gazillion units have special rules for that one rule, it seems weird to take up space in the main book for it.

I always thought if there were units with Sea Creature it should Lizardmen who have aquatic as a special rule or Dark Elves and High Elves who both have sea faring cultures in magic-rich areas and a habit of training support monsters.

Anyway, I always sort of wished Lizardmen could have a Monstrous Cavalry. So I thought why not give the Lizardmen Monstrous Cavalry with mounts that have the Sea Creature rule. I was thinking a cross between dinosaurs and crocodiles. I'm not sure if they should be ridden by one Skinks, two Skinks, or one Saurus. I named these creatures that are fast in the water and lumbering on land but very strong, Lurkerdons. Because of Stegadons, Bastiladons, Razordons, and Terradons. Ending Lizardmen mounts in the suffix "don" is sort of a tradition.

I'd be thrilled to see what your take on this type of creature would look like....:wideyed:

Another thing I was working on is Huagerdons, which are kind of a cross between a lizard and a dog. The skeletal dogs for decorative basing that comes with Reaper skeleton models would be a good fit for Huagerdon skeletons but I'm not sure what they would look like with flesh. I thought about greenstuffing flesh and painting them green or blue. but the models are so tiny not much detail would show through.

Warden, Zeetherak and Aginor like this.
  9. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

mosasaurus?
    [​IMG]
    Maybe steal the Leviadon from the Idoneth Deep kin and just place Lizards on top? I know it is a giant magical turtle. But they are reptiles too?[​IMG]
    your point makes alot of sense.

I imagen there being 3 types.
    1:The Fast and agile one in the heart of the battle
    2: The Stealthy one. Also theiving and Spionage and scouting.
    3: The Long range, Lizardmen snipers... I need to improve the mephod.but these guys are excellent climbers that will get high where they can see what they need to do so.
    upload_2019-9-3_10-44-56.png

b

10. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

Forgive me:
    upload_2019-9-3_10-48-15.png

11. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Lurkerdon is a very Hordes of the Things or DBA sounding name. One generic unit category from that game is “Lurker” which is usually some sort of creature that can lurch onto the battlefield from water features (swamps, Rivers, lakes).

Warden and Zeetherak like this.
  12. Scalenex
    Slann

Hmm, if I can find a suitably sized mosasaurus model, I can use green stuff sculpt the flippers into webbed feet.

This is exactly the sculpt I want but 45 centimeters is too big to put a single Saurus on its back. At this size it's basically another Carnosaur/Stegadon/Troglodon/Bastiladon.

[​IMG]
    Lovely pictures. I would recommend making the raptor a bit lankier and long of limb when you get to the final sketch, but those are all pretty solid concepts where form matches functions.

:D

Really like the picture. That's pretty much exactly what I pictured for Huagerdons. I especially like the tongue. Might make the eyes a bit better if the Huageron is a hatchling. I am on the fence about the back spikes though. Maybe the spikes can be retracted or lowered. Sort of like sharper, bonier hackles.

I've pondered whether giving Huagerdon's mammal like ears would make them cuter or if it would just make them look off. I was especially thinking big cat ears or small rabbit ears. This ears would hypothetically be able to rotate and turn like real world cats and rabbits giving Huagerdons very good directional hearing. Good for finding rodents to eat, or predators to avoid.

Besides companionship, the most useful thing Huagerdons can do for Lizardmen is to chase vermin away from farm fields and grain silos. I may or may not include blood hound variants of Huagerdons that Skinks use to help find things by smell. Bigger nostrils maybe? Are they still cute with huge nostrils?

13. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

Work in pogress
    upload_2019-9-9_2-13-43.png Builder of tempels, tools and weapons.

upload_2019-9-9_2-14-58.png War engineer, The same but with Battle.

upload_2019-9-9_2-14-12.png BRONTI!

Warden, thedarkfourth, Aginor and 5 others like this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Very nice stuff, couldn't do it myself, but i was wondering about the size of the Bronti or in retrospect the size of the trees?
    He looks to me a bit like a pet Bronti.

Keep up the good work, love your creativity!

Gr, Imrahil

Warden and Zeetherak like this.
  15. Zeetherak
    Skink

Zeetherak Active Member

Ahh yes. I forgot the foreground that will give context to this image.

Warden and Imrahil like this.
  16. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Love your work! Especially that bronti at the end

Quite true. It is one of the strengths of this forum.

Cool idea!

And I like this idea too. Especially as it relates to the first one, though that one was a chameleon

Also a good point; monstrous cav in an army list with Dino's does make some sense!