1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Grand Sacrifice to the Dice Gods!

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Karak Norn Clansman Well-Known Member

Howdy folks,

Me and a Gothenburger went to a tag team tournament in Västerås during the weekend, the same one that Cavetroll attended.

This is a brief report, because it would otherwise have been one of constant, utterly constant dice misfortunes. Never have we seen such abysmally poor dice rolls for crucial tests through 4 games in a row!

For our fifth and last match, we got a table with a couple of sacrificial temples. So my teammate got the brilliant idea to rank our three most underperforming units in our armies, and march them straight unto the altar, and sacrifice them for free magic dice!

These were, in order of their lousiness (with different names in T9A, but I'll name them by WHFB standards since that is most people's common ground regardless of what system they now play):

1. An Ironblaster Cannon

2. A K'daai Destroyer

3. A Stonehorn

So we killed at least 1/3 of our own army in exchange for fireballs, and though the blood sacrifice was ultimately found unworthy (bloody right!) since we didn't win the game, we still performed much better without these terrible wastrels, than we did with them.

It was our best game in terms of victory and battle point results, and in terms of sheer fun.

So next time the dice gods hate you, throw the losers on the altar! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I’m surprised the Ironblaster is seen as bad (at least in the Ninth Age) because in 8th it’s a Cannon so has the potential of breaking the game.

I’ve also just noticed that one of the Ogres is carrying a couple of balloons...:hilarious:

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

It's a game-breaking cannon as well in 9th age, but only when you hit with the bloody thing! Nothing but misses and misfires.

Stats on paper and proper gameplay is no help when the dice hates you. :D

Haha, oh yeah! That's from our opponent's army, the Ogre half owned by miss Åkerblom. They're a couple of fantastic painters, and her Ogres have a circus theme, including Ronald Macdonald and Houdini in that unit.

4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Come on we need pics of that, you can't leave us hanging .....

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

OK, i definitely need to do some sacrifice...

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

After your last game, yep you do :D

7. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

I've asked them for pictures, they said they'd send them over later. Soon... :)

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

4DABF1D9-0075-4557-86CE-6898E7217E54.gif

Crowsfoot likes this.
  9. Karak Norn Clansman
    Troglodon

Ladies and gentlemen! Saurii and skinks! Come closer for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Laugh, fright and thrill in buckets will be handed out, and you will have something to tell the grandchildren about. A round of applause for Circus Åkerblom!

Painted by the great painter Kristin Åkerblom, married to the likewise great painter Benny:

[​IMG]

10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

That is such a great army, I love all of it, so much character, Pennywise is brilliant as is Houdini, it's all brilliant.

The painting style just adds to the models, very comic book.