1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a prologue of sorts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tlac'Natai the Observer, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I'm not a huge table top guy, but I've always loved the Lizardmen for their fluff and aesthetic. I was drawn to L-O by searching for fluff and I was impressed, and even further, I was inspired. Being that I live in the desert, and I think that Lizardmen could most certainly inhabit the desert, I thought I should take up the pen and fill in some GW blank spots.

You know that high desert in the Southwestern region of Naggaroth? well...

Before the Old Ones left due to the coming of chaos, the Old One, Uxmac, commissioned one last city to be built. Instead of protecting the city with jungle environments, this city would lay out in the harsh sun, amidst a wasteland of rock and sand which would heavily deter any potential invaders just as well. The city, Poneextlan, would act as a transmitter for this Old One.

Uxmac tasked one slann, Tlac'Natai (hey, that's me!), with keeping a literal eye on the world. Uxmac made this task possible by gifting Tlac'Natai with the Poneexcuatl; a Great Eagle, the feathers of which were bright orange and yellow. Uxmac also blessed Tlac'Natai with an extra pupil and iris, which gives the ability to see through this Great Eagle.

For countless cycles, the Poneexcuatl has flown in the shadow of the sun, gazing on the progress of the world. All the while, Tlac'Natai has been sending updates to the benefactor.

I'll continue to post more of my desert themed fluff as soon as I feel comfortable with where it's at.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Our most prominent and well-known lurker speaks!

3. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

You're such an oxymoron Scalenex!

4. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Haha yes I finally introduced myself! can I stop being harassed for "breaking observer status" now? hahaha

to your point though, this slann is strictly for observing and reporting and plays ZERO part in any military activities.

5. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Now that voting is over, my entry to the July-Aug short story contest "Monsoon Season" gives a nice little introduction to the desert setting for my story.

Scalenex likes this.