1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Andhe's colourful cold-bloods

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Andhe, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

My brother is finishing off his skaven for a tournent, so I took my skinks to his place and we both pretty much painted for 12 hours, so maybe not so quick haha! He finished off his last big unit and I got that far with the skinks :)

2. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

I'm not usually a fan of orange and yellow but I am really liking what I am seeing!

Andhe likes this.
  3. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Just put some gravel on, waiting for this to dry, then I can put on some Agrax Earthshade wash, then do the remaining few highlights before flocking.
    IMG_20150630_160419.jpg

4. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Thanks Hyperborean!

5. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

IMG_20150630_183839.jpg
    Six flocked with shields, 18 to go then just the base edges :)

6. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Tetto'eko's base is almost done, a few little touch ups, then just the paint on the base edges.
    tett base.jpg

I magnetized him last night so the palanquin can come off the stand easy for transport. The water puddle in his base probably took the most time (most if it being the drying) but love how it worked out. I cut the puddle shape out completely through the base, then with some greenstuff placed a piece of plastic on the bottom of the base, giving me some depth. Then added the gravel, and filled the hole with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water. Great product, and easy to use, just yeah the 24 hour dry time.. and due to it shrinking a little, I did have to apply a few more drops once the first lot hardened. I do have to widen the hole in his palanquin a little though as he is not sitting quite straight. I trimmed some of the clear stand when attaching the magnet and its not fitting in there quite right at the moment, as you can see in the pic below.

Just 6 more shields to glue on, and then recoat the base edges, and the skinks are done also! Made a start on my oldblood, and salamanders last night.
    skinks.jpg

n810 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Great work... I'm loving all of it. Kudos on your industriousness!!

Andhe likes this.
  8. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Thanks Nightbringer, it has been over a decade since I have been playing, so I'm enjoying it immensely! (also I'm not playing till my army is painted, so that's a good incentive :p ) Having my brother in the hobby is great too, if I go to his place, or vice versa its good having painting company!

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That will definitely help spur you along!

10. Andhe
    Saurus

Andhe Member

Some progress on my old blood. Some more highlighting to go, finish the shield and then onto the base :)
    oldblood.jpg
    Undercoating all my saurus warriors at the moment, so they will be next on the paint table :)
    11717189_10153394213353771_2082560718_n.jpg
    Primed and ready. Put together this banner too, based on what the temple guard get - considering we end up with a stupid amount of banners left over!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    NIGHTBRINGER and n810 like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Cool Oldblood... very different. I like it! :):)