1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Anomic's lizard log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Anomic, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Kha xa kota
    Skink

Kha xa kota New Member

Awsome Chameleons. My favorites are the two in the water, followed by the one climbing up the pillar. When I worked for GW this was the kind of customization I tried to encourage.

Great job again, I can wait to see more from you, I will be following this now..

2. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Thanks for the feedback folks.
    Dyvim Tvar, I see what your saying it is a bit rigid especially considering the motion in the rest of the model and unit. I think the head down and to the left, looking over the shield would give a bit more dynamic look. I actually had originally intended to put the sword to the side in a sweeping motion, however ranking with the banner pole shifted the idea a bit. positioning the sword a few degrees forwards though would make a difference. IDK still pretty happy with it overall though. :D
    Oooh you just gave me some good ideas for a rider for my Carnosaur.... Thank You

3. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Sealterbloind Active Member

Wow! Your COC looks amazing! Briliant idea that jumping champion! Can't wait to see more! :)

4. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Skinks
    IMG_0199.jpg
    The one at the back has a brutal fill space in the base :depressed: IMG_0197.jpg

Krox
    IMG_0201-1.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    I like to put little details into all the bases like this
    IMG_0205.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Kha xa kota
    Skink

Kha xa kota New Member

That is what makes the models jump to life the most. This is a great unit, I love the Kroxigors.

6. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Yes, when I think of all the armies that really jump out at me, it's those that have the details. A friend of mine has a wood elf army that is full of detail (well the few models he has finished). Waywatchers models hiding in trees, and dryads in various states of shifting, all very cool, but what brings it all together is the sprites and motifs hidden in all the bases.

7. Kha xa kota
    Skink

Kha xa kota New Member

Those sound cool too. My favorite model I have ever done was a 40K Space Wolf Rocket Launcher model. I drilled a hole in the launcher and the missle and added an SOS pad with cotton to make it look like the missle was actually flying out of the launcher and the was a big plume of smoke behind the model. When my son get's back from visiting his grandma I'll take a picture of it and post it here for you. That will be at the end of July though as he is visit my parents then my wife's parents before he comes home for the summer.

8. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see the pic of that. If you are going to hobby then hobby hard :smug:

9. bonz
    Cold One

bonz Active Member

ok im a bit late for the party here but sure lookit. just wanted to say that the back armour on this guy looks awesome, one of those things where i wouldnt have ever considered putting a shoulder pad anywhere but on a shoulder...

also a big fan of your colour scheme and pretty much everything u've posted on this thread..

keep it coming i look forward to seeing more :smug:

Attached Files:

10. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Hi, Anomic! Just found your plog, really great stuff so far! I like your clever use of parts and, like bonz just stated, I had never thought of using those shoulder pads like that!

But what made me stop in my tracks was this:
    I love the bone coloured edges at the back! If it's okay with you, I'm going to borrow this idea from you for my Kroxys. Just bought three from eBay.

All in all, awesome stuff, keep 'em coming!

11. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Thanks for all the compliments and encouragement peoples.
    Caprasauridae, Feel free to borrow anything. I post stuff mostly to motivate myself to paint some things, and if anything inspires ideas in others than I think that is great. I know I have had more than a few inspirations from what I've seen around. The think I like about the bone on the plates is it really shows them off, I did not want to have them blend into the model, but highlight the plated armour look, that tough solid look that Krox should have, in my opinion at least.

12. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

Also coming late to this party - I really love what you've done with your bases! Very inspiring. Keep it coming man :)

13. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Thanks for the encouragement. Oddly enough I had stumbled upon your skaven conversions a few months back, and now here you are commenting on my Lizards :meh: . You have some great stuff there.

So little update with no pics (sorry) Cav is almost done, just fussing over details, and finally decided on what i wanted to do with the banner, it will be the feathered serpent colour scheme, that I was planning for a model I want to build. One that won't be in the works for a bit :rolleyes: I have a few things on the go for a few armies... Next build for this army is the Dread Saurian from Arcane Arcanum, or possibly the Caurnosaur and rider, likely both as i tend to jump around to whatever I feel like doing... anyhow there is the update. Pics will be coming soon.

14. Kha xa kota
    Skink

Kha xa kota New Member

DSCF0124_zps30a6aa15.jpg
    DSCF0123_zps69c8222c.jpg
    DSCF0122_zpsc7d10c81.jpg

15. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

I see the lad is back :meh:
    That is awesome, it must look pretty epic on the battlefield, kinda gives a psychological edge to the fight... :beaver:

16. Kha xa kota
    Skink

Kha xa kota New Member

Nope, but my wife went to visit him at her mom's for the forth of july and I asked her to bring home all of my GW stuff.

17. Anomic
    Skink

Anomic New Member

Well I finally got around to some photos
    IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    As always comments, criticism, questions are welcome.