1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Another deep strike from the shadows

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Aginor, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hey y'all!

Here's another idea I had for a deep strike list using our new teleport, combined with a Shadowstrike.
    Far from perfect I guess but I'd like to discuss the idea.

Here's the list:
    Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    - Artefact: Coronal Shield

Battleline
    40 x Skinks (200)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    10 x Chameleon Skinks (240)
    6 x Terradon Riders (240)
    - Starstrike Javelins

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280)
    - Ark of Sotek
    Stegadon (240)
    - Skystreak Bow

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 1990 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400

Now, tactics are as follows:

Deployment: Chameleons deploy off the board, and Terradons as well. Try putting your Shadowstrike Leader (Starpriest) somewhere so he can see a juicy unit. Starpriest should also be near the Bastiladon

First round: If you win priority: Think about what they can do to your army. If you think they can kill something in the first round: Take the first round. Otherwise waiting is probably better because your enemy might spread out and/or advance to get you and that's what helps you a lot I guess.

Hero phase:
    - Plant the Astrolith
    - Advance your Shadowstrike Skinks a bit
    - Starpriest calls Shadowstrike buff on some enemy unit
    - cast Mystic Shield on the Basti with the Slann
    - cast Summon Starlight on the Basti with the Starpriest
    - Teleport the Basti near the enemy
    - Teleport the Stegadon near the Basti
    - Use the Stegadon's Skink Alpha to advance the Basti. It is now in range for both its ranged attacks and the snakes, even if it fails the charge.

Movement phase:
    - Terradons plunge down, preferably in a way so they can fly over something and drop bombs. But priority is that they should end their movement near the Basti, preferably behind it but in range for those Javelins (10").
    - Chameleon Skinks deploy near the basti, preferably in cover but able to shoot something.
    - rest of the Army claims some objective or so. Perhaps the 40 Skinks should move toward the enemy.

Shooting phase:
    - Basti shoots
    - Chameleons shoot
    - Terradons shoot
    - Stegadon shoots
    - Shoot with your 40 Skinks if you managed to get them into range.

That should do _some_damage.

Charge phase:
    - Basti tries to charge, preferably more than one unit. If the enemy doesn't have strong shooting you should consider not to charge. The enemy might try and charge you, which is a trap of course, because if he does you will overfly him with the Terradons afterwards and/or attack with everything in melee.
    - Maybe don't charge with the Steggy in the first round if you are confident the Basti will survive the first round. Otherwise the enemy will make him the priority because of his deadly charge stats.
    - Consider charging with the Terradons. I would probably not charge here if the enemy doesn't have a chance to kill the Basti.

- Combat phase:
    - Basti uses its snakes!
    - Basti hits the enemy
    - Enemy hits Basti

If you get the double turn now, you do the following:
    - Teleport the Astrolith Bearer over to your attack group. That should buff all of them nicely
    - Teleport the Basti a bit away if it is close to dying. But stay close enough so the enemy probably has to charge it or face the Basti attacking again. If you don't need the teleport for him, maybe teleport your 40 Skinks into range, or go full crazy and teleport the Slann and/or the Starpriest in for magical support with Mystic Shield or Starlight.
    - Shoot to kill
    - Charge the Stegadon in, maybe als othe Terradons if you haven't done so already. With the Astrolith near they are quite deadly.

That's it. Mega competitive winner list? Probably not. But I'd like to try it. Suggestions?

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Sounds like a good plan, you need to test it now?

Paul Beenis likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

No. I am still working on my Chameleons and I only own three Terradons, not six.
    So probably going to try it with only three Terradons and something else in it, or wait until the end of the year since I am going to buy more Terradons soon, I am itching to try another, slightly different paint job for those.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Seems good enough but I am worried about one thing : It will lack the physical presence around the board. Has some really good tricks but at scenarios that the objectives are far away from each other it will probably be at a disadvantage ( ? )

What would the plan be at Scorched Earth for example or the one with the weird placement (can't recall name and I m far from the book) that has the 4 objectives spread ?

Aginor likes this.
  5. Kimbo
    Saurus

Kimbo Member

Have this list been tried yet? Looks fun to play

6. Aginor
    Slann

Not yet. But hopefully soon.
    I have bought three additional Terradons and my Chameleons are finished.

Kimbo likes this.
  7. Kimbo
    Saurus

Kimbo Member

Would love to hear how it went later ☺