1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS Ataxa 1.0 (also Swamp theme army discussion)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by little-myth, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would switch 3/5 and 5/6. Add a damage output to the attacks. Like 2 damage for twin blades and 1 for jaws. Or give him a crazy awesone jaw rule lke the Kroxigor! Still awesome character concept!

2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback, I will write that down and update when I get the chance.

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Okay, got a rough army list of sorts down.
    15-20 Skinks (debating which ones to have)
    5 Chameleon Skinks (I think I have another three or so laying about.... somewhere)
    TreeLord Ancient (Wizard for the team)
    Troglodon
    2 Salamanders and handler team (I have got a spare Sally head, just got to figure out how to make a body for it so it's still legit for use in store)
    Skink Priest with Priestly Trappings.

Not sure what else to add on, trying to keep even and fair. Even if there is no rules about list making, I stick with habit of even lists and stuff.
    The others on the maybe list to add on are, Dryads, River Trolls, Zombies or Skeletons, War Hydra and Jungle Swarms.
    Debating on which ones to add or if I missed any.

n810 likes this.
  4. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I haven't been around the table top community for very long, and I always wanted to make some special rules for a character like you did with Ataxa. My ideas aren't to make a broken character, I'm always focused on balance and fairness (in actuality, if I made the special rules I have in mind it would most likely be detrimental to my army as a whole), but I always like to have the option of customization.

In your experience, how willing are people to play a game with your self developed character?

I know I could equip them with gear in 8th, but I'm talking AoS right now =P

5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

I never had people willing to play with my character, but I'm okay with it if they want to. Ataxa is going to be a thing where I am letting people use his rules. It's a mini side rule that everyone agrees about that character being used. When I used Ataxa back in 8th I made sure he was in the okay for my opponent and store manager.
    The idea of making a balanced character is to keep on testing in game and writing down the pros and cons of the character, and carefully check over their tests. With Ataxa I made a death tally against the enemy and his own (back in 8th he used to hit his own unit on occasions)
    When decided the gear for AoS Ataxa, it's the same as his old gear but I carefully looked over what existed. You can even name your own weapon to make a character extra special (which I'm doing for Ataxa at the moment)

The main focus on making a balanced, unique character. Is their rules, do they have any special equipment? and constantly testing against different armies in different lists layouts.

I hope that answers a few things :)

n810 likes this.