1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Second Edition

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 12, 2018.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Looks like they fixed the keywords also :D

pendrake and Wazz like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think Khorne also has something like that, and there is a realm specific artefact that does the same IIRC.

3. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

4. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I think most armies without wizards have an auto unbind relic. Bcr have one as well. I was surprised we got one to be honest.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

it has been specified somewhere that you cannot take an artefact more than once,

Aginor likes this.
  6. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Celestial COMMA Seraphon

Noticed that.

8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Where? I originally thought this but I’ve been investigating and I saw somewhere that there was something in the General’s Handbook that said you could use artefacts more than once, and there was a Grand Tournament winning army that used multiples of the same artefact.

Wazz likes this.
  9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Thanks - that’s interesting, as my army will have to be from Chamon in order to use it, which could provide some interesting modelling and conversion options. I have certainly been thinking of taking Kharadron Skywardens as fast moving allies to lock down shooty units.

Wazz likes this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Up til now you are right, it was possible.
    I saw the new rule in one of the leaks for the 2nd edition but i don't remember where, so i cannot tell.

11. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl you could fudge the having to be from Chamon bit. My lodge is Lofnir, but that chain had Ur-gold in it so we received it as payment for helping fight back some pesky Tzeentch arcanites! Lol

12. Aginor
    Slann

I bought all the new books today.

Interesting stuff in there!
    I also noticed something interesting about Endless Spells:
    They can he dispelled by moving them over the side of the board.
    That has some intriguing tactical consequences: For example casting them behind enemy lines might not be that effective as the enemy can remove them more easily. On the other hand it might mean that you can cast them, move them over enemy models to make damage, and instantly remove them again by letting them go over the side, then cast them again with another wizard...

Wazz likes this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

The new core book is big and full of fluff. I will read through most of it in the next few days but the parts I read are pretty nice.

I think they explained the game a bit better than in previous books which makes the game great for beginners.

The realmscape rules are nice, with one or two new command abilities and one new spell, and six different terrain rules for each realm. Sounds like they finally expanded the realms, now it can really feel like you are playing in a certain realm, and especially for campaigns that is very cool as you can adjust to the battlefield to a certain degree.

I also like the underground battle rules btw. Some really nice ideas in there.

The matched play part in the core book is rather short, but that's OK because we have the GHB for that.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

wouldn't that go aganst the rule of one?
    It would be viable in a situation where you're defending and the enemy has to charge at you. He's going to run away from the thing regardless might as well immeadiatly dispell it so you can fire it again next turn.

15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also, could you tell how much rules are really in the core book? Im trying to figure out what I really need to buy and what can wait without losing much. The stuff is rather piling up and I still haven't quite figured out how to store everything proper so it's annoying to have to buy several shelves worth of stuff.

16. Aginor
    Slann

I would say that in a pinch you can do without the core book for now.
    You will miss on sieges, underground battles, and a few battleplans as well as the grand alliances allegiance abilities and the realm specific terrain rules.
    The rest is basically fluff or stuff for the other game modes.

17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

mm, that's a shame, those do sound like actually interesting rules. Going to have to figure out what to do with this now.

Minor sidenote, why does GW insist on keeping all its rules so split.. in between the GHB, the corebook a battletome,whatever rules you get from forgeworld, the FAQ's & the errata you need a disturbing amount of books to have the rules for just one army...

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

You could certainly say that your army has “been to Chamon, done that stuff to get this relic” and is now in another realm with this item in tow, I imagine it doesn’t really matter if you have a relic from another realm as long as you have a good lore excuse for having it. I was thinking of having my Fyreslayers be from Baeldrag Lodge as the colour scheme I’ve used for my first Vulkite unit is similar to Vostarg but I used a grass basing scheme which looks like Ghyran soil. I’ve also thought of a lore idea for them in that they hate both the Sylvaneth and the forces of Nurgle - the Sylvaneth because they are hideous mutated monsters that agitate the trees and make them aggressive, and the Maggotkin because they are loathsome scions of Chaos that pollute the realm with their diseases.

Wazz likes this.
  19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yeah, it's starting to be really annoying.

Canas likes this.
  20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

worst thing is, not even that is a complete list seeing as the various fluff books like the quest for Ghal maraz also include some minor rules…
    At this point a freaking wiki is easier to navigate and search what you looking for than trying to find the correct rule in the actual books.

Can't they at least release a 2nd edition of each tome with the errata and stuff corrected so we at least don't need consult several seperate pdf's to check if a rule still holds..