1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

AoS Second Edition

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 12, 2018.

1. Wazz
    Ripperdactil

Wazz Well-Known Member

After playing a few games of 2.0 I can say I really like it! The games seem closer, and our summoning is a lot of fun! Haven't tried a 2k or more list though. Been playing at 1k and mostly team games bc of the crowd! (Good thing, not bad lol)

2. Canas
    Skar-Veteran

Canas Well-Known Member

Please do continue to share those reports, they are valuable and important to the community and the mere fact you share already shows you care about the community at large. Again I apoligize for using your name I shouldn't have, sadly I'm rather bad at realizing those things and usually only do when it's too late.

As for my rant against "power gamers", it's a valid way to enjoy the (or well, any) hobby (be it one I don't enjoy much myself). And if you, or anyone else, enjoys building super efficient lists and taking every little advantage you can get to its extreme more power to you. My rant as such wasn't aimed at people playing that way, but more-so at people claiming it should be the reference point for balancing. Balancing that way results in stuff like the rule of one breaking "cool" stuff like infinite ripper's bites, whereas a different approach could retain the "cool" part of these mechanics while keeping em from being overpowered.