1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Ardfist battalion(new battletome)

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Imrahil, Oct 9, 2019.

1. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Here is the errata related to the battalion:

Page 86 – Ardfist, Drawn to the Waaagh! Change rules text to:

‘You can use this command ability if the Orruk Warchanter from this battalion is on the battlefield when a unit from this battalion is destroyed. If you do so, roll a dice. On a 4+, a new unit identical to the one that was destroyed is added to your army. Set up the new unit wholly within 6" of the edge of the battlefield and more than 9" from any enemy units. You cannot use this command ability more than once per phase.’

Units no longer automatically come back at 10x. And it can only be used once per phase. So no spamming it.

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Thanks, where did you find it, If I may ask?

So as it states: when destroyed, ... per phase

That doesn't make sence to me, does this rule apply per unit in the Battleforce or for the Total. In other words: If 2 units got killed in the battle phase can I try to revive both or just one?

So units of 10 would be adviced.
    Both Banner and Icon of Gork or would one of those be enough?

Gr, Imrahil

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

You can only use it once per phase. So if you lost two units in the shooting phase then you could only attempt to bring one of them back with the command ability.

Units of 5, 10, 15, 20, ect. They all come back as the same unit size they had previously been. This could be a nerf if you were hoping to bring back units of 5 as units of 10. I tend to see both banners used in the units of 10x Ard' boyz that I play against.

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

As I am reading over this post again I notice that there also is a slight change in the "adding" part.

Before it said: "... is added to the Battalion" and now: "... is added to your army." Therefore you can not endless revive the units you bring back.
    Effectively all Battalion units can be brought back once :(

Grrr, Imrahil

LizardWizard likes this.