1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Blog Back to Lizzies new and old. Also 40k?

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Acrocanth, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

Looking good!

Acrocanth likes this.
  2. Acrocanth
    Temple Guard

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

So what have I gotten done in the last 3 weeks well not as much as I'd like but trying to finish up some projects and take a palette cleans. Lets see what I have to show.

Remember this guy? Can you believe I never actually finished the base? 20180625_215912.jpg
    Hit up the bix box, the aquarium plants, some loose stones from a rock, and a new box of skulls I picked up and voila a nice boggy battle field to stride over.

Back in 5th edition pewter timesI've been trying to finish the palanquin on my old slann then its onto the bearers. Still haven't been able to pick a colour for my old temple guard. I've also been trying to finish off the terradon riders of the same
    20180709_111116.jpg 20180709_111214.jpg

Palette cleanse time you know what my shining lizards cohorts have always lacked, rust. Well that's what necromunda is for I guess.
    20180709_110850.jpg 20180709_110839.jpg
    Been working on some dirty industrial bulkhead doors from the boxed set. When I saw the three skull bulk heads I immediately thought of the RBY skull doors from doom. Trying to give them all a little flavour of their own. I have also assembled the Goliath gangers the options are a bit limited in how to make them so they were easy to assemble with an added power ax for my leader. I'm having trouble with the escher girls cause I love all the options and flavour so much, I might get a second box :D.

20180709_111023.jpg

I don't know that I have the energy for large war games anymore but skirmish games are maybe more where my interests lie. Sadly not much lizard love in them.

Ok that's been the last 3 weeks more or less I really need to get on a schedule maybe every 2 weeks I take stock of what I accomplished. Try to stay motivated.

3. Lezlor
    Cold One

Lezlor Active Member

hi...not tried AoS skirmish? A few lizards in that. Someone did an unofficial points list on tga which I think has more too.

4. Acrocanth
    Temple Guard

I haven't I'll admit it doesn't interest me that much for a few reasons. In part I don't like the new seraphon lore (though I do like the mortal realms and some of the world building there over the old warhammer world). Actually on the whole I like what they've done with AoS so you can focus on the elements of armies you want etc its just not a game that's for me?

When I say skirmish I think I'm just more interested in games where each model is independent (necromunda ( though the rules seem a little jank, the new kill team looks interesting). Something where you can hobby wise focus on like a dozen models and make them personal and rad and then crank out a game in an hour?

Warden likes this.
  5. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

Nice to see some more necromunda stuff, I am liking how you are painting up all the bulkheads!

Acrocanth likes this.
  6. Acrocanth
    Temple Guard

Thanks I'm mostly just having fun with rust effects and the like while I think about how to paint my other projects.

Warden likes this.
  7. Acrocanth
    Temple Guard

So.... its been a while. The lizard have been hibernating mostly I did finish my terradon skinks.
    20180819_210652.jpg
    I think the next lizard project will be a pair of resin Salamanders with hunting team, but they need a bunch of clean up, fine cast kits are very messy :/.

In the mean time I've still been painting just not many..... lizards. Here's a taste.

20180902_133259.jpg

Crowsfoot, Warden and tom ndege like this.
  8. Warden
    Skink Priest

Warden Well-Known Member

I like the classic terradons!

Acrocanth likes this.
  9. Acrocanth
    Temple Guard

I need to find some better lighting for them, I'm glad they're finally done. :)

Warden likes this.