1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Basics against Dwarves: How NOT to get shot off the table

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Matzotyl, Apr 6, 2015.

1. LTERALUS
    Skink

LTERALUS New Member

destroyed my buddy's dwarf list with:
    Skink chief on ripper with egg (50% chance for 2D6 S5 hits). Hide him in a unit of rippers and hit enemy from a flank.
    2 chameleon units. Place 12" away and charge first turn. If he kills one of your guys big deal. Your charge already gave you 1 combat point. I lock up warmachines with chameleons every time.
    Sacrifice rippers and skirmishing units. Who cares if they die. Give a chance for your blocks and monsters to get over the table.
    Give your monsters extra 10" move with Walk Between Worlds and you'll be in thunderstomping distance in no time.
    Good luck

2. laribold
    Cold One

laribold Active Member

Sorry to say, but skink chiefs aren't allowed to join ripper units (see rules about characters joining flying units, and yes, it is a stupid ruling). Best you can do is put him near a unit of 5 or more terradons/rippers for a 4+ look out sir)

And scouts can't charge in turn 1, unless your opponent goes first, by which time he's had a chance to shoot/charge your chameleons.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Sadly this is true. Though I'd argue that Tiktaqto can, but he isn't all that great.

4. owain_b
    Saurus

owain_b Member

Very sadly this is true RAW, but for casual play in don't see any problem using RAI.the joining units rule was quite obviously written with an infantry character in mind by good old blinkered GW. The fluff reasons within the rule paragraph and tiktaqto highlights this invariably. This is one of my most annoying rules as you cant argue with the RAW, so tournaments etc yeah no can do, but casual play it's so undeniably obvious you should be able to, so as long as your group agrees I say do it

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Tiktak'to can be argued with RAW, while regular terradon/ripper chiefs can only be argued with RAI unfortunately. Poor rules writing!

6. Lord Grok Of Xillaqua
    Kroxigor

Lord Grok Of Xillaqua Well-Known Member

Agreed. Even if the rules were clearer, the Tiktak'to character is still weak considering its point cost and magic items. I'd rather just have a larger unit of Terradons and use them as war machine hunters.

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Use tetto'eko and blast his silly war machines :p

8. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

1. Bring tetto
    2. Two units of flyers
    3. Leve the saurus home, bring skrox
    4. Make it cowbow and coldone based

With an army so movile and vanguards you might have a better chance to get in combat fast