1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Bretonnians

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Lord Cedric, Sep 1, 2011.

1. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Looks really cool. The town, especially the narrow streets do make me wonder how playable the board is. Were older versions of Warhammer, for example the herohammer phase a lot more skirmish based? I can't imagine playing a game of 8th on that board.

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Not that I know of, maybe that chap just got a bit carried away in making scenery that it became a bit impractical to use it for a game but otherwise amazing. Maybe the scenery pieces were magnetised or something to allow for easy removal during a game. We'll never know, as it seems that he stopped being active a long time ago...

Warden and airjamy like this.
  3. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I doubt the terrain is glued to the table; he probably just piled it all on for the pics.

Were I to play a full WH game on this board I would probably pack the sides of the board with some scenic terrain and possibly scatter a few things in the center to provide some clutter/cover.

Then again all the terrain would make a good skirmish game if that is what he was going for.