1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Chris's Painting Log

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Chris M, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I bought a 4x8 sheet of foam yesterday cause I was running low. Its not a lot its just enough. I have terrain to build out of it and also I am sending some to a friend who cant get any in Tasmania cause the climate there isn't cold enough for builders to use it on houses. The whole sheet was $20 on sale so I figure I have enough to last about 6 months at the rate I build armies.

I need a 2x2 section for my Empire, a 1x2 section for my Orcs, a 2x4 section for my Dwarfs, and so on.... It'll all get used up FAST! heck the dwarfs are getting a cavern with an entrance to a dwarf hold in it. Both sides are going to be cavern walls, and the rear will be a cavern wall with a huge gate in it and the floor will be a combination of carved stone and mine. Should be fun... I may even put a Skaven diorama on it as a conflict to spice it up some. But thats at least a year off as I have way to many projects on the burner... Heck I have a VC graveyard in the works too LOL I need a less time consuming hobby!

Chris

2. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Well, Adepticon is coming up soon and my army is still in boxes because we are doing the TT with Chaos and Daemons. My Daemons are almost done which means that the Lizard project is getting closer to becoming a reality! I have to say that I am looking forward to the relaxed pace which I have decided to take with building and painting. I may finish a unit a month. I have the first unit sitting on the modeling table on sprus staring me in the face.

I'm trying to decide on a unit filler for my Saurus blocks. I was thinking of a Kroxigore in each unit on a 50mm base beating the snot out of a model of another race but I'm not sure. I was even thinking of a small pyramid with a banner in the middle of it.. I've got some time so when I decide I'll post up and take pictures.

See you guys after Adepticon

Chris

3. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

As you may have read I've been working hard on the Daemons.... I know this isnt the Daemonic website but wanted to show you what I've been neglecting my Lizards for....

Here is what I have done so far.... Three more models to go!

100_6743.jpg

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Nice display board. Your color scheme really goes well with it. Good work.

5. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Guess who's done painting Daemons....... THIS GUY!!!!!

Stegadon here I come!

100_6744.jpg

6. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Cant... stop...painting.........

100_6746.jpg
    100_6747.jpg
    100_6748.jpg

7. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

OK last post tonight,

When I started this gal, I didnt realize how many horns it had... There are bone bits jutting out EVERYWHERE! Took me an hour just to paint all the bone!

100_6749.jpg
    100_6750.jpg
    100_6751.jpg

8. redeyefrog
    Saurus

redeyefrog New Member

Looks great but I cant help but notice it would fit well in your demon army guess it going to be hard to come across to the green/blue side. But again looking seriously good.
    redeyefrog

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah the stegadon really does have a huge amount of detail... Just wait until you get to the howdah!

Looks very cool so far, nice work.

10. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

I love this model! Now onto the Howdah!

100_6752.jpg

11. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I have to say your Steg turned out pretty good,
    Great job on shading all the horns, and the skin
    tone has a lot of depth. :)

12. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Thanks! I am really trying to pay attention to detail on this army. Its been one of the armies that I wanted to start for a few years now. One Guy in our group runs em which is why I haven't done them to this point. I told him a few months ago I was doing em and he was happy as its only the second army in the forces of order in our group! I have tons of time with em to get them painted too as I'm not planning to do another tournament until after October.

Chris

13. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Really impressive stegadon. I hope mine turns out to be half as well painted as yours. Can't wait to see more!!!!

14. Chris M
    Skink

Chris M New Member

Tonight I got my BSB together. That banner is HUGE and was a pain in the butt to pin. After I got him together I was very happy with the model. He sure is heavy though! Paint will go on him after I hit the howdah with its final colors and the crew with theirs.

Chris