1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Comped Events

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Des_DS, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Des_DS
    Skink

Des_DS Member

Heya everybody, so I just wanted to ask if there is any comped events where you play at and what are the restrictions like?

Currently where I play there is both comped and un-comped events. The comped events have these restrictions:
    • Your army must consist of between 5 and 8 warscrolls(with no more than 70 total wounds)
    • No more than 3 warscrolls may contain the following keywords: Heros, Wizards, Priest, Warmachines and/or Monsters. The total wounds for these warscrolls may not exceed 20 wounds as well.

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Only play at home with my son but I would like to know how do those rules play out in the game?

They seem pretty balanced, is there another configuration for a larger battle? (100+ wounds)

3. Raptor_00
    Skink

Raptor_00 Member

We play 50 wounds starting, with up to 30 wounds summoned on top of that with a required wizard or priest keyword. Otherwise it's whatever you want.

That said, it's also some battle mission (watchtower, objective, etc) game.

Des_DS and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Des_DS
    Skink

Des_DS Member

Well currently, I don’t feel like I have played enough of this format to make an informed decision on it, but as an 8th edition monster masher it feels weird to be so restricted on monsters. I might not bring any monsters at all in this restricted format.

Currently there isn't a large format comp at my store but I think they want to get firm grasp on what this format can do before they make large format comp.

5. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

Comp is for other games - games written for tournaments.

AoS is *not* that game. Don't force it to try to be.

6. Des_DS
    Skink

Des_DS Member

I agree with you, AoS is not designed for tournament play, but I do think you could play a tournament with it, even without comp.

In no way do I think you need to comp AoS. I am just wondering if you do comp it, what restrictions do you apply.

7. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

just maybe a little startup set of rules as a bare minimum to bring along, but I think creating a points system based upon sportsmanship is the biggest solution, that way you can keep army / list building comps out.

For some kind of escalation league it might be usefull to have some sort of wound / unit comp but even there you can narrow the choices down within the narative.

Des_DS likes this.
  8. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

My favourite system like that is to rate your opponent in two ways after each game.

Yes / No - My opponent was a dbag.
    Yes / No - My opponent's army was heinous.

If you get a total of 4 yes votes, you are eliminated and can't go back next year.

Des_DS and Freddy25 like this.
  9. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

We play 125 wounds with a maximum of 100 models. Though games can exceed 125 if both sides are up for it. I find it to be a more appropriate size as it allows for full armies rather than smaller forces, and allows for a greater use of the all important synergies in the AoS armies as you have more models to synergise with each other, allowing for everybody to pull off wickedly OP tricks and feats with mad synergies.

Des_DS likes this.
  10. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

going for the 4 player senario in a GW shop (45 mins away from my town) in a few weeks, only restrictions: 80 wounds total no more then 3 hero scrolls

11. Khelandros
    Cold One

Khelandros Active Member

Here is the one from my last tournament:

Restrictions
    • 0-3 Heroes
    • 0-2 Monsters
    • Max 25 wounds per Warscroll
    • Max 8 Warscrolls
    • Max 80 Wounds
    House Rules
    • Summoning requires seed unit
    • True line of sight; nothing blocks
    • Similar buff/hex effects are cumulative if from different models
    • Formation warscrolls are excluded from max warscroll count
    • Reserves / Summoned units do not count towards max wound limit or combat resolution...