1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converted Skink Chief

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by wappellious, Aug 15, 2009.

1. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

This little guy is actually the general of my "Core Cometency" list. It is a tournament held here in Chicago each year which requires that 1000 points of your 2250 army must be core, with no named characters, etc.

The army must also have a story behind it, and each unit must have a reason for being there, aside from killing power :droid:

My army is actually a temple restoration crew that is being sent to recover a long lost temple. The terradon units fly CAP missions (with the general flying along), while a kroxigor/skin units each work on different parts of the temple. The stegadons are there to help move the really big stuff, and the skink priests attempt to refocus the magical properties of the restored temple.

So, here he is... General Stiki Wikit:

StikiWikitMultiviewR.jpg

While I was at Games Day, I painted this picture of him:
    GamesDayChicagoartcontest2009R.jpg

2. ille
    Skink

ille New Member

AWESOME! Probably the most beautiful painted and conversed skink chief I've seen!

3. Magic_karl
    Skink

Magic_karl Member

wow! That's incredible painting, and as for the conversion; I love the fact it's not just another stegadon chief attactched to a base; you've actually DONE something with it! Inspirational.

4. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Beautiful, absolutely astonishingly beautiful. :)

Now I feel like adding something nice to the base of my own skink chief(that's also converted from a skink.)

I must show this to a very over-confident friend of mine who thinks he's the best... You're even better...

Cheers!

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow you are an extremely skilled artist. What did you use for the wings on that guy? Great idea for a substitute terradon unit.

6. wappellious
    Temple Guard

wappellious New Member

The wings came from a very old set of plastic minis that GW used to sell. I think they were 8 in a box, and they had different themes. Some were chaos, some orks and adventurers, etc.

I took the wings from a plastic bat... I guess for use with VC's as a bat swarm?

To be able to use him as mounted on a terradon, I created a matching 40mm base so that it would be a legal size.

After a rather unfortunate incident early on with my wife's Ogre army sabretooths, Stiki Wikit has really done amazing things. 2 weeks ago he fought off an entire unit of dwarf hammers until a krox/skink unit charged them from behind. This week, he charged an entire unit of Khorne bloodletters with Tenehuine, almost wiping them out over a few rounds of combat. Stiki did perish in the effort, but a flock of terradons then arrived to claim vengeance on the demons :rage:

7. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

Amazing paint job and awesome conversion. This has inspired me, thanks for sharing!

Iggy Koopa

8. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Awesome job, man! Plz to give me ur skillz? lol

9. camo-skink
    Chameleon Skink

camo-skink New Member

:jawdrop: I AM NOT WORTHY! I AM NOT WORTHY TO EVEN BE IN THE SAME FORUM AS YOU! PRAISE TO THE GREAT WAPPELLIOUS! :jawdrop: