1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Did you know...?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Pinktaco, Feb 13, 2014.

1. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

I dont really agree with this. The hex scroll specifically talks about wizards and an bound item does not turn a combat character into a wizard.
    Further more, the item is casting the spell and not the character itself. So, i am pretty sure the Hex scroll does not work vs bound spells.

Scalenex and Lizards of Renown like this.
  2. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

Yea hex scroll is no go on non fighting characters.

3. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

Actually in the no scenario they can charge if there is no way of hotting one unit without hitting the other the charger has to declare against both units and the opponent closes the door as you cannot only if both parties are unable to close the door is the charge a fail

4. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

Did you know: that many orc and goblin players unpack their fanatics.....even when they dont have fanatics in their lists!!! (my favourite mind trick to mess with your opponent) :)

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Sneaky Goblin tactics!

Scalenex likes this.
  6. angelosfernando
    Skink

angelosfernando Member

Did you know you can stack the salamanders flaming attack before rolling to wound?

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I thought you had to resolve the first template before moving on to the second. Though I am far from entirely sure, so I could be wrong.

8. angelosfernando
    Skink

angelosfernando Member

Unless it's in the main rulebook,because the last codex mentioned what u said but the current one didn't.

9. GhostWarrior
    Cold One

GhostWarrior Member

As long as they are all part of the same unit - yes this is correct. Just the general rules for shooting from units, you determine the total number of hits caused by all the shots coming from that unit, then resolve any allocation of hits (easier when coming from templates), then roll to wound with those hits - separated by the different types of models that have been hit.

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

When we played 8th ed with the 7th ed book, Salamanders and Razordons were Warbeasts. If you check the back of the current Lizardmen book they are Monstrous Beasts now. That means Salamanders and Razordons get a Stomp now!

Lizards of Renown, airjamy and n810 like this.
  11. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Did you know that flaming attacks grant you rerolls to wound when assaulting a building? This is actually quite a big deal in tournament watchtower games, around my place they often play that one.

Also did you know that a model with a banner is instantly slain when he breaks from combat? He also grants extra VP to the enemy. This one actually gave me some nailbiting moments in games, if your Slann is all on his own with his TG slain in combat, he is not stubborn anymore so has to test on often low ld, if he flees, he is instantly dead if he is your bsb, anu he will be almost always your bsb.

12. airjamy
    Bastiladon

Also did you know that Razordons and Salamanders get swiftstride when their handlers are all slain because they are warbeasts? They also get a stomp as Scalanex already mentioned.

13. airjamy
    Bastiladon

This is actually quite a big rulechange, it made things like the Shadestar impossible in combination with some other rulechanges

14. Agrem
    Kroxigor

Agrem Active Member

Actually they have swiftstride all the time. You ignore the skinks as they are really nothing but counters, check out the monsters&handlers special rule. They do not change their unit type in the middle of the game and they are always monstrous beasts.

BR
    Agrem

classicflava and airjamy like this.
  15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

And thus also have stomp.

**EDIT** Derp, Scalenex already mentioned that earlier.

16. airjamy
    Bastiladon

Well, did i get burned hard there. You are right ofcourse, ill play it differently from now on. :)

17. Scalenex
    Slann

Another trick is to not unpack their Fanatics until after they are sprung to lull opponents into a false sense of security. The important thing is never assume a Night Goblin group does or does not contain Fanatics until one of your units moves within 8 inches of said unit.

One a related note. Did you know you can use Walk Between Worlds, Higher State of Consciousness Slann, or ethereal units from the Lore of Undeath to auto-kill Goblin Fanatics at no cost to you?

Lizards of Renown and borkbork like this.
  18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

How does that work?

19. Scalenex
    Slann

Fanatics die if an enemy unit comes into contact with them (but they survive if the Fanatic comes into contact with the enemy). The hits are non-magical, so they do nothing to ethereal targets, but the Night Goblin Fanatics still die even if they don't kill anyone.

Lizards of Renown and n810 like this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think it is a safer bet to assume that they do. My goal is always to move a cheapo unit into 8" range in order to spring the Fanatics or ensure that they are truly not part of the unit.