1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Dinozilla

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Craziecory, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Craziecory
    Skink

Craziecory New Member

Before I get all crazy with my army and write up a crazy dino heavy list (all terror, fear or skirmish list) Just wondering how Viable it is.

I would like to run a Carn and two Stegs, backed up by a few 3 packs of Kroxies with some skins for flavor.

I'm right now running the magic route and as you can see at the bottom of my post... this isn't working.

2. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

When you say viable, are you referring to winning lots of matches? or just able to be done through the current rules?

You can make a godzilla army of Dinos (Kroq-Gar, 2 Stegs, 2 units of SCoR, unit of Terris, 2 units of Krox...) easily under current rules, but it's expensive. And if you're facing a shooty army (Dwarves, Empire) it's almost certain death.

But as for fun factor, I don't know. If you're good with your big guys as far as movement and deployment, and you enjoy watching the dinos charging across the field, then it can't hurt to try it in a friendly game. Tournament wise though... it probably won't fare too well. Too many large targets for magic or shooting.

3. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I agree entirely with Ninja skink a lot of points in a single model is always risky, but sometimes its cool to go with fun. I suggest trying a proxy list with some friends first, you never know with some good terrain and movement, you maybe able to make the list work for you. Also you can try using the bolt throwers of the stegadon. Good luck and most importantly have fun.

4. Craziecory
    Skink

Craziecory New Member

Thanks for the advice!!