1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Discussion - How to beat "The" Daemon Prince?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Karnus, Nov 2, 2018.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Of course... don't leave home without it!! :happy:

2. studderingdave
    Jungle Swarm

studderingdave New Member

I have found the shift from stubborn to unbreakable to be an issue. We have a newer guy who latched onto a tzeentch flying DP, reroll ward saves of one, soul feeder, 1+ armor, charmed shield and a sword of something. Very difficult to keep in line .

3. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

It is on the verge of unbeatable, not to mention it has the option of a breath weapon! Makes short work of blocks of saurus as I found out in our last game.

Considering it costs about the same as a tricked out slaan, I’m forced to believe that they are on a par...

There has to be a way of dealing with it, Warhammer is like a game of chess where everything has its counter, I just haven’t figured it out yet.

Scalenex likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I believe that is the secret to 8th Edition Warhammer BUT the counter against Daemon Prince is cannons, something we do not have. :(

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Cannons are the ultimate counter to the DP. However, while we do not have an ideal counter such as that, we do have options.

airjamy and Karnus like this.
  6. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

I think for next game I am going to take my usual slann build and two level 2 skinks with beasts, hope to roll amber spear or a double across both of them and then let rip with 6 dice and hope for irresistible force.

I will work my way through your list and see what works ;)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  7. studderingdave
    Jungle Swarm

studderingdave New Member

i am still painting my LM so im playing dwarfs. cannons get him on occasion. once i am fully painted with LM i will get some table time.