1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Engine of the Gods model height

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by LordBaconBane, Mar 18, 2019.

1. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

I wasn't 100% certain where to ask thisnso it's here.

I'm building my own model carrying case and I wanted to ask what is the height of the Engine of the Gods model?

2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

You are building the case before owning a copy of the model?

(If yes, you could build your copy magnetized in some fashion so that the Howdah could store separately in the case, reducing its height requirement.)

[​IMG]
    I got this ^ picture from The Itza Gallery of Fine Arts (a subdirectory here dedicated to showcasing models). As you can see in this side view this particular model is taller than the length of the base. But that will vary depending on how you chose to model it (this one does not have the big circular hoop but it used the components for it a different way.) Also the fore-and-aft distance exceeds 125mm.

To be safe I would allow a volume 150mm tall, 150mm nose to tail, and 75mm wide.

(But the truly safe plan is: 1) first build model; 2) then plan the case.)

Take a look thru the Stegadon Gallery for (many) more examples.

LordBaconBane likes this.
  3. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

Thanks Pendrake!

I'm not building the case yet. I'm doing research into different containers I could potentially use while I get the dimensions of models I don't have (EotG, really. I have almost every other model). And thanks for the magnetization tip. I have over 100 tiny little magnets coming in the mail now.

Thanks for the volume information.

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Do bear in mind that you have to be carefull with the various banners. Those stick out rather much and ruin a lot of potential cases.

pendrake and LordBaconBane like this.
  5. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

Thats one of the things I am looking out for. While I could fork out big money for the GW case, I'm thinking of magnetizing the bases to a metal sheet on the bottom and magnetizing pieces like the banners and etc

pendrake likes this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Magnetizing the banners is definitely the way to go. It is easy and it saved my model dozens of times.

pendrake and LordBaconBane like this.