1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Escalation League Week 1

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ILKAIN, Nov 1, 2019.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

So I'm competing in my own escalation league at my LGS (store owner asked me to set it up, there's a post in the discussion forum if your curious), and the first week rules will be 350 points, no endless spells, no allies, no battalions, Realm effects (core rulebook) and spell lores/items (malign sorcery) are in effect, 4x4 foot map "knife to the heart (2019)". the fight is taking place in Shyish, and im making my army from Ulgu. The Army list minimum requirements are 1 leader and 1 battleline. I'm thinking of keeping it simple but kinda mean (there's a lot of store credit on the line for first place, and im expecting competitive lists) as of now the expected opponent factions are SCE, IJ, NH, LON, IDK, Sylvaneth, Nurgle, and MAYBE some one OB if they can get the book and models put together quickly enough (we are allowing late entries and a week is set aside to make up battles you missed)

Seraphon 350
    Leader:
    260 Slann starmaster General, Miasmatic blade (-1 to be hit) Meteoric convocation
    BL:
    90 10x Saurus warriors Clubs and shields

350 points 17 wounds

I'm figuring at this low level, summoning is just absolutely bonkers if I can keep the slann free for a turn to get it going, so 10 bodies in the way and smart placement should manage that. I'm going with convocation over tempest because convocation is always 8 dice, where as stellar would rely upon the number of models, and I am not expecting large hordes at this points value. If I'm wrong I can change it at the end of turn 1.

simple. effective, mean.

thoughts?

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Using a Slann at 500 or lower is pretty much auto win in my experience. Unless the opponent has somthing that can reach you in a single turn you will be able to LoSaT time away to safety and keep summoning.

ILKAIN and Lizerd like this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that's about my thoughts. im expecting this to be competitive, and there might be some DoK… but im not sure. there is def a sizeable chunk of prize money (store credit) on the line, so this is not "play nice" situation for the most part. I mean im not WAAC, but I might be that guy a bit lol

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

For early games in competitive escalation you should Take a Slann, min Skinks for battleline, and then as many Razordons and/or Ripperdactyls/Terradons as you can.

ILKAIN likes this.