1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Esty's 24 hour Cheiftains

Discussion in '24 hour painting challenge log' started by Mr.Esty, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

I tried painting both these guys yesterday & HATED the two colour combinations I came up with, so they took a bath in simple green, & today we start all over, from scratch.

Attached Files:

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

welcome to the challenge mate!

Feel free to join the rest of us on msn. ;) Mine is steven_sydney18@hotmail.com, from there i can invite you to the convo.

Good luck with your painting.

3. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

Thanks! I've got to go to an acupuncture appointment for a bit, but I'll be back on soon.

4. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

I still have to dot the eyes, and paint a couple more little reptiles that are crawling on him, but I'd say he's about 90% done. This is my 3rd attempt to come up with a colour scheme for these guys, and it's my favorite so far. The orange stripe is a little more vibrant in real life. Sunlight is a little harsh. This aint gonna win me any trophies, but I like the direction this is going in. The next one'll be easier.

Attached Files:

Nazqua likes this.
  5. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

Got both guys painted up. Too dark for any more pictures tonight. That Tamiya Clear Red looks GRUESOME on the heart. I had fun painting these two minis, and I can see myself enjoying putting together an entire Lizardmen army.

6. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

Pictures are still crap, but hopefully they look a little less like just "black lumps" than they did in that harsh, direct sunlight from yesterday. These guys were alot of fun to paint! Using Tamiya Clear Red for blood was something I was keen to try, and I'm mostly pretty happy with the results.

I guess next I'll have to come up with cool bases for them.

Attached Files:

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

They look good. Nice colour scheme! I'd probably add a very thin highlight to the orange, especially on the crest, to give it a bit more definition.

8. Mr.Esty
    Saurus

Mr.Esty New Member

Yeah, since the photo, I've done that and also sharpened-up the black edges. Over-all I'm pretty happy with them & I'm looking forward to Trying a variation of this theme on my Saurus Warriors next :D

9. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

They look brilliant, I was looking for a black scheme for my lizards, but I settled on simple red. After checking all of these painting challenges I'm dying to brush up my painting skills *giggles* but after only joining the hobby around 5 months ago, and only painting seriously for around 2. I doubt i'd have much to show off in 24 hours.

Though I do have a scar vet I have to save after I allowed my girlfriend to attempt him....