1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction Esurciverse Choose your own Adventure

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Kcibrihp-Esurc, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Run screaming away from it and return later with more backup

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.
  2. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Thats a skavenish thing to do, right?

3. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

、ローズソーンをありがとうございました

You approach the emaciated elf, and the details become more clear. The elf is male, and only a child, with stark white hair, blood ringing his mouth. The rags barely cover him, soaked with gore, with pieces of Thronk's innards dangling from him.
    The Stormvermin let you past, and as you get within a few meters, the elf stops laughing and turns to look at you. "Did you kill him?" You ask
    "You can't stop them, you know. Nothing can. Everything is doomed"
    "Stop who?" The elf smiles at you, strands of grisle dangling from his teeth.
    "The end. The shades. The ones below." You glare at him,
    "Details. What makes you say we can't stop them?"
    The elf begins to chant,
    "They come from below; And it starts out slow; You'll be dead before you know; It'll be quite a show.
    The Lizards can lop them; The Dragons can drop them; But there is no way to ever, ever stop them.
    You'll rue the day; That the Moons turn away; They'll never go away; Is there any way; that the Old Ones could've stayed?
    You can't fight; You'll never see the light; For regardless of the sun, it'll never be that bright!
    They'll never get bored; They'll cut through the horde; It doesn't matter if you're a Lord; Or if you can't hold a sword."

He stopped, and one of the Stormvermin stepped forward, swinging his halberd down at the elf, when the shaft snapped, and the blade swung around, and something propelled the blade into his gut. The skaven screeched as his arm snapped backwards. There was a sickening cracking sound as the broken bones were pushed together and then slipped past each other. We all stared at the jagged bone points protruding from his flesh. He stared dumbly down at his arm for a moment when his lower jaw was ripped off, and then propelled upwards, through the roof of his mouth and into his brain.
    The elf looked bemusedly at the place the Stormvermin had been standing, "Lory, you shouldn't be so violent." You take a step back, as the remaining Stormvermin drop their halberds and flee. The elf looks towards you, a grin plastered across his face. You leap off the ledge, screeching, when hands grab you from behind, and drag you through the air to the place the elf is sitting.

What do you do?

4. RoseThorn
    Saurus

RoseThorn Active Member

あなたは歓迎され、ミー
    Does soil myself in utter terror count? Because holyくそ! What dark recess of your twisted mind gave birth to this character!?

5. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

I disagree. You can't control audience expectations or participation, doing so will just dampen enthusiasm. Esurc should choose which option is the most popular/appeals to him the most.

Similarly, whilst I agree with the Michael Bay comment, if you're going to open up a story up to public interpretation you've got to expect some such suggestions. Again, Esurc can choose which option he prefers.

Agreed with the longer paragraphs however

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  6. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

ALSO:
    Make a deal with the elves for your own survival.

7. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

What sort of deal, what are the terms?

8. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Hmm. Services/skill with warptech in exchange for life?

9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

The Elfs need warpstone, not just any warpstone but the one in the medallion of the Skaven general. one of their Elf's greatest wizards thinks he can create a time void using it, the Skaven know the Elfs are desperate for this and can bargain heavily, they want land and the Elf king must forteit some of his kingdom.

10. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

My response to "what to do next" was just going to be "be very very polite"

Story options include the elf says something which can be interpreted, leading to an action, or the elf does something else loopy - and rat-me is along for the ride until iRat can escape (maybe to deliver a warning?)

I am just hoping you develop the concept enough to end up saying at some point,

"If you choose to swallow the warpstone, TURN TO PAGE 13"

Paradoxical Pacifism, Bowser and Ixt like this.
  11. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Wow. A bit dark (and coming from me, thats quite... disturbing) and I would probably sit tight until he does something questionable.

But, non-idea-wise, wow! An elf (is it an elf? Is it Chaos? Is it something worse?) with a magic anti-weapon shield. Also, whats with the Skaven? Did it hatch out of him? Did it just form out of him and then rip off the rest?

Is it a he or a she? Where is this set? A good story has surroundings and a bit more description. Im not having a go, (I struggle with the balance myself) but a bit more info would be nice. I kind of imagine it set on a long wide bridge, maybe high elf maybe human in origin.