1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS FAQ and Errata Summary?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Firux15, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Firux15
    Jungle Swarm

Firux15 New Member

Hi guys, I was wondering what sources people use for FAQs and Erratas. The ones on the GW website aren't very extensive and I've seen printscreens on here of FAQs but can't find where from. Does anyone have a list of sites/sources that I can use?

Key question sources I'm looking for:

*Lords of Space and Time: Confirmation of use with balewind, tp out of combat then charging and also my own little question - if you roll a 1or2 for your slann with great rememberer, can he use it on himself again or is that forbidden by rule of 1? Is he still movement restricted even if the second roll is a 5 or 6?

*Serpent staff and jaws, what is the current breadth of things it affects? (eg carnosaur bite etc). Can you stack buffs with it. EG malign portents aqshy spell that increases weapon damage characteristic by 1. Would a roll of a 6 for a jaw then double the 2 to 4?

*Dracothion's tale - where can I find the most up to date rules?

Thank you very much!

P.S. Thanks to all the experienced players and admins who post so many answers on here. Read through a lot of the other threads and find it really helpful for working out the nitty gritty details.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Everything in on the GW website, if it isn’t there it’s not official.

Some of the rules are down to interpretation and can often be misread but AOS2 seems to have it mostly right.

3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Balewind restricts movement, but LoSaT is not a movement - model is taken out of the table and set up again. So RAW, yes, you can use it on model upon the balewind and replace both, as they are considered a single model. Rule of one affects only hit, wound and save rolls, so it is possible to use LoSaT twice on the same model. If first roll is 1-2 and second is 5-6 then, RAW, model can move in movement phase, but cannot charge.

These are only RAW suggestions, so you should talk to your opponent about it before the battle or ask tournament organizer, if they are allowed.

Spell from Aqshy increases weapon's characteristics, Serpent's Staff doubles damage of an attack. So saurus warriors attacks with jaws will do 4 damage on a to-wound roll of 6+.

About what attacks affects it - probably attack that has Jaws or Bite in its name. My local tournament organizer allowed to use it on ripperdactyl attacks too, however. Once again, this should be discussed with opponent before the game.

Dracotion's Tale's most recent rules are in General Handbook 2018.

Crowsfoot and Killer Angel like this.
  4. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

This is a very contested point as many people believe the second roll overwrites the first roll, so there is nothing stopping the unit charging

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Serpents staff from the Skink Star priest stacks with absolutely nothing. the wording is "twice the normal damage" so if it is buffed that is not the "normal" damage.

6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

But what is considered the "normal amount of damage"? Why should it be "normal amount of damage" = "damage with no modifications"? It could be "damage without Serpent Staff applied", because I don't remember clarification of term "normal damage" in rulebook or FAQs. Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Normal amount of damage has been interpreted to be "damage listed on the warscroll" by every official at every event ive been to. I personally don't really see how to interpret it differently.

8. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

As a current damage characteristics of a weapon before ability application, for example. Event organizers resolves the rules as they feel right. But this doesn't mean that every event or every causal game should do it the same way.

9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

actually they should do it the same way. the single biggest flaw in this game is the vagueness of the rules. one single standard of terminology, and application of buffs in a specified order would remove so much headache its not even funny.

look at the updated battle tomes and warscrolls, and other units with on 6+ hit effects. they all state "instead of" rather than giving a multiplicative. this is just an effect of our warscroll being old as dirt, and non standard terminology. look I get it, it would be better if it worked.... but there's no logical argument that can be had to try and say it does. if the ability said "double the base damage" or "double the damage characteristic" then the Aqshy spell would absolutely stack. but it says normal.... there's no way to say that normal damage includes modifications not on the units warscroll, because the warscroll determines how the model works under "normal" conditions.