1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Firelance - is it actually any good?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by WarbossLincoln, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Blaknight
    Jungle Swarm

Blaknight New Member

OMG. I feel so stupid.

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

As @Killer Angel says, "attack characteristics" means "number of attacks". So he gets +6 attacks with his weapon, not +6 to hit rolls.

To be honest, the term "attack characteristics" is terribly confusing though.. you're not the first nor the last one to be confused by that term. Why they can't just say "number of attacks" is beyond me...

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Why? there's no reason for it. Mistakes and misreading happen. ;)

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Firelance increasing in price was a bit of a head scratcher. Requiring three units of knights to fill it out comes with the implication that they will basically be the 'bread and butter' of your army but they lack the staying power or the offensive output for a +3 to charge to be meaningful. Not to mention the godawful blazing lance's which more often than not don't even activate before the knights die.

Have the firelance grant +1 to hit and wound to knights while close to the Scar Veteran and then I'll consider dropping 150 on it.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. TheCrux
    Saurus

TheCrux Member

I play with at least 10 knights in every game due to the limited models that I have and I don't recall ever causing even one mortal wound from the 6 on wounds.

PabloTho and LizardWizard like this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It should trigger once in every 18 attacks after a succesfull charge, without modifiers. Seeing as we only get 1 lance attack per model, and we won't be charging every turn it's entirel possible to go multiple games without it ever triggering, so I'm not surprised…

To be honest, I kinda wish they'd just remove the charge requirement. It'd still be a rather unreliable and weak ability, but at least it'd probably trigger at some point during a single game instead of nearly never...

PabloTho likes this.