1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Forbidden Power discussion

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Stuart Glasson, May 14, 2019.

1. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

I’m happy with the limitations, stops overly abusive units being taken (some of the god-like characters) for example no one would like to see allarielle hanging out with an army of stormcasts ;D

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

there's nicer ways of limiting that than just not giving enough points to buy her in an army.

3. Deed525
    Stegadon

I reckon there should be a ‘you can spend as many points as you like’ but any mercenary unit either comes in later in the game or leaves early rule - kind of a you are payed to do a job - do said job then leave

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

What about the following?

- Questionable loyalty: At the start of each turn roll a dice for each mercenary if it's lower or equal to the turn number the unit flees. Add 1 to the result for every nearby hero from your allegiance.

It stops you from taking too large a force as they're liable to desert you. But it also gives you some measure of control over it by using your heroes to keep them in check.

Or

- Inefficient command:wheneever you target an enemy unit with an attack spell or ability roll a dice, on a 1 your opponent may pick a different (applicable) target.

It might be a tad complicated but it definitly fits with the theme of mercenaries and all the issues that brings into an army.

Aginor and Erta Wanderer like this.
  5. Deed525
    Stegadon

Yeah I think rules like that could keep it in check - I don’t really imagine many will use too many allies anyway as most armies now(or soon) have plenty of synergised options but there will always be someone :D

Canas likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i like the first one it sounds like a good challenge between good hero coverage and a chance of losing your merks

Canas likes this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I could also imagine giving them a bravery debuff (like in: half their bravery).
    Mercenaries work well when everything is fine, but as soon as something bad happens they will run.

Canas likes this.
  8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Halving their bravery probably won't work in a lot of situations. Too many ways of negating battleshock. Plus it does nothing for single model-units. Hence my suggestion with questionable loyalty, that'd work regardless of other bravery and battleshock modifiers.

Plus, halving bravery will have weird interactions with things like Kroak's dead for innumerable ages and certain spells and effects.

Aginor likes this.