1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement FORUM CLOSING

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sammy the Squib, Jul 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Hi,

I started this website a number of years ago now not really expecting much of it; I was on a cheap hosting plan and really was more interested in tinkering than creating a community.

I certainly did not expect it to grow into the site that it has become. However the more traffic the site gets the more expensive it is to run...

Like many of us the demands of this thing called "real life" crept up on me and I'm no longer in a position to fund the site or dedicate time to running it.

So after long consideration I've decided to close the forum. This won't happen right away - I want to give some time for people to save anything they have on the site, such as blogs and the like, so that they can take up their threads on other sites.

Also, people may wish to discuss where the next best place is to discuss the lizardmen...

If no place can be found, then maybe it's time for someone else to step up and create their own corner of the web where you scaly individuals can discuss what's happening down in Lustria; but I'm afraid I won't be among you. This is a very friendly community with almost no flaming (which is rare for an interwebs forum!) and I'm sure you'll find somewhere :)

All the best,

Sammeh

2. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

I have sent you a PM with a possible solution to prevent the site from closing down.

Let me know if you have not received it.

3. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Are the Lizardmen forums cursed?

4. carno
    Skink

carno New Member

What do you mean?

5. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

can someone create a "lustria2"? I love this forum, and it would be very sad if we cannot talk together anymore D:

6. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

my dice are cursed....

Would hate to see the forum go. Surely there is a way to save them

7. Rikard
    Stegadon

Rikard Well-Known Member

Really don't want to see this place go, I watch both versions of TPV go and I really do not wish to see it happen again.

8. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

The Pyramid-vault, the main forum before this, also closed. It's just an unfortunate trend in comparison it the other forums.

Still, I've enjoyed my time here. Hopefully this one can be saved/'lustria-online 2: with a vengeance' will get organised :)

9. GCPD
    Bastiladon

GCPD Active Member

It'd be a real shame to see the place go. Let me know if there's anything that can be done to keep it afloat.

10. carno
    Skink

carno New Member

Yes! Keep it afloat! Unlike Chupayotl, there has to be a way!

11. Khornefed
    Skink

Khornefed Member

Oh dear. I just signed up. I hate to see forums shut down. When I asked around as to where to find a Lizzy forum, everyone pointed me here immediately. That from Herdstone and COTEC members is a pretty good endorsement, IMHO.

If anyone can help solve the time issue, I can help solve the money issue.

12. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

These news sadden me, I think lustria online is one of the best (if not the best) warhammer forums out there. The atmosphere here is very friendly and encouragingly. I have very much enjoyed my time here. Showing my army progress, learning tactics and speaking generally about our cold bloded friends.

I hope there is a way to save this forum, I have full understandment for you wanting to step down, but I hope life uh... finds a way ; )

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  13. Herrod
    Skink

Herrod New Member

I agree with all on this,this site is one of the better forums around, eveyone is friendly and helpful. Anything that's needed to help keep this site open or to help with a new one if needed ill gladly help with if possible.

Cheers

14. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I have a few options I want to explore. Keeping the site open under new management/ownership is probably the best outcome for everyone. Hopefully someone who can give the site the attention it deserves :)

15. The Scottish Saurus
    Saurus

The Scottish Saurus New Member

Hi guys, new to the site with awful timing...

ive been wanting to get back into warhammer as i played about 4 years ago, i had a few lizzies and the new models really make me wanna start again.

anyway i was gonna be on here for tips and stuff and post my painting pics if i do start lizzies.

The only thing is, do lizardmen require tactics to play i heard they didnt and i really wanna use tactics not just have a really easy to use army.

16. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Would a few advertising banners help fund the site?

17. Ezeckiel
    Jungle Swarm

Ezeckiel New Member

This is quite sad. Indeed this is one of the best forum out there. Bad timing also since the new codex is out ... Let us know about your options.

Sincerely

18. lbisson
    Cold One

lbisson New Member

I haven't posted much but I do love the site and come here often to see what everyone is up to. How much of a time commitment is running the forum? I may be able to take it on and I think someone else offered financial support. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

19. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I spend a fair amount of time on the site and moderate quite a bit as well. I am willing to help out more as needed as well.

20. thegraymist
    Skink

thegraymist Member

Hi Guys,

I have put a suggestion to Sammy that I am willing to take on the site as I run a web development agency so I have the hosting and development resources in order to keep the site running.

I wont let the site go down. You guys are awesome, we have a great community and I'd like to keep it. Obviously this would be a team effort and a great opportunity for all of us.

It's totally up to Sammy though and what he decides. Just letting you know that I can take it on with your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.