1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General's Handbook finally announced !!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Seraphage, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

Im pretty excited as well. My only fear is that Allegiance abilities will work against demons only lol. It would be cool if maybe we explode in crazy starlight when we die. Like if a unit is wiped out roll a dice on a 6 it deals a mortal wound, if the unit has 20 or more models it triggers on a 5 and maybe does d3. I really hope we get our own spells too. I play Bonesplitterz too just bc of their allegiance abilities, spells and relics. They fit so well for them.

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

What everyone said here! :) And I hope we get useful and fitting items and spells :)

Aginor, Ritual and Wazz like this.
  3. Meatgrinder
    Skink

Meatgrinder Member

Unfortunately it looks like our major problems wont be fixed, like our single wound infantry, and it pretty much means no updated book anytime soon.

However I am really excited for this, I hope we'll see a big overhaul of our points.

Ritual, Aginor, Wazz and 1 other person like this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Does this mean the previous General's Handbook is (or will shortly be) out-of-date & near ***worthless..?

Happily I did not buy the previous one (***if so?)

Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  5. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

I'm sure that some things will still apply, but i'd imagine that they will be referenced in GHB2 also - so I think that it's safe to assume that, yes, it will be outdated and can finally go on the date with the trashcan that it has been longing for for so long

Ritual likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That'd be my guess. Each new yearly edition will replace the ones that came before. On the plus side for the folks that picked up the previous one, at least it wasn't too expensive.

The one curious thing though, if you're going to release a 2017 edition with the date proudly stamped on the cover, why not release it at the beginning of the year? A January release date would have made far more sense. If the 2018 release comes out a year from now (so next summer), then that will mean that the 2017 edition will be the one in usage for half of 2018. :rolleyes:

7. Draconder
    Saurus

Draconder Active Member

Please throw it in the recycling, better for the realm of life that way.

If the new book is only £15 (25 USD) then I am sure that will be a good price for a yearly rules release.

m0gstar, Aginor and Ritual like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Don't throw away the GHB! So many inspiring pictures in there!

Ritual likes this.
  9. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Keep hold of all your stuff, it'll be good to look back on in a few years time!

Aginor likes this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

...except if you rage-quit because we are nerfed further and SCE become even better.

Yesterday I read a bit into SCE and it is just ridiculous how overpowered those are. That makes me so angry. Knight-Venator at 120 points (just to name an example) is a punch into the face and/or groin of everyone liking Warhammer.

Ritual likes this.
  11. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

We'll probably see a bit of point balancing. The thing to remember about SCE is they're mostly independent units so don't gain that much power from buffs and other units.

Aginor likes this.
  12. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I hope they will allow us Seraphon to also have some different commands for our generals. Quite frankly, all of our commands kinda suck (except when you use the Bloodclaw Starhost), and I'm hoping that they might buff the Slann and Lord Kroak their commands.

As well as give us useful Ability traits, and Artifacts and Spells. Something like this: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BySRcyTjvqKIeFhsQnBRV3Z1bDQ

Wazz and Ritual like this.
  13. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! Only time will tell lol.

Ritual likes this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It's pretty much a sure thing, as GW already stated it: "The new book will cover Allegiance Abilities for the likes of Fyreslayers, Seraphon..."

Wazz, Ritual and Aginor like this.
  15. Aginor
    Slann

I hope that also means spells. That way we could finally use our wizards for something.

Ritual and Captaniser like this.
  16. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

That would be great! 3 spell casting slanns would be good

Wazz, Ritual, Aginor and 1 other person like this.
  17. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Interesting, I often consider them some of the best battleline in AoS. It's their weary fighter ability that makes them so strong. See that objective 22" away from your skinks? Why not move, then charge that small unit over there and then do a weary fighter on towards the objective? They're fast, they disrupt the enemies tactics (are they going to stop your skinks from taking that objective and then risk a massive hit from your carnosaur in combat or let you take it), they're cheap and therefore easy to take big numbers of and they don't need to worry too much about being targeted by mortal wound attacks. For 80pts, I think they're pretty alright.

Seraphage, Ritual, Wazz and 2 others like this.
  18. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

Agreed. The only thing I think needs to be added to skinks is give them the hit bonus in close combat so shield hand weapons skinks can become a thing

Ritual and scubrat like this.
  19. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

The horde celestial cohort bonus that is

Captaniser and Ritual like this.
  20. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I agree with @scubrat I like running them as a screen for my Knights to guarantee their charge with some ranged support.

Aginor, Captaniser and Ritual like this.