1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General's Handbook finally announced !!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Seraphage, Jun 26, 2017.

1. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

You add +3" to the Move characteristic. The Move characteristic is not used in the Charge phase so no it doesn't apply to charges.

The benefits are that you get 3" extra movement turn 1. Use it wisely!

Ritual likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Three inches can be a lot and make the difference between charging in the first turn or not. I still think it is a bit underwhelming, if you compare it to the 2d6 (average 7") the Skink units in a Shadowstrike can move after setup before the first turn.

Ritual likes this.
  3. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

Well that's probably why Shadowstrike went up by 50 points. On the other hand it combos pretty well with the Firelance Starhost since Knights within range of their Scar Vet get +3" to run and charge. We also have to have a slann in the battalion so there's potentially another +1" to run and charge. So you're looking at a 7"+3"+3"+1"+2d6" = 14+2d6" charge range in the first turn (scar-vet gets +3" on top of that). Alternatively with a wardrum they can move 20" in the first turn. Pretty good for a "slow" faction.

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Good analysis.

Ritual likes this.
  5. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

Can you work in the Paragon of Order 3" move to get a little more out of that charge? ;)

Maybe Skink Priest Celestial Rights them for rerolls, just in case!

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Man, the more often I write about it (here and over at TGA) the more I realize how damn many buffs and synergies our army has.
    I mean: of course I know them, but once you put them together in a list is when you notice that we can put ~10 buffs on one unit with some lists.

Ritual and Xlanax_lot like this.
  7. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

I love the items and commands! But the batallions seem a bit underwelming. About the Dracothian's tail, what would be a good use for it? Getting a easy additional item, as well as being able to put up your units farther away in the first round of combat?

Ritual likes this.
  8. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

Its more about board control and mobility than anything else. You can summon things exactly where you need them to be, with the option of teleporting your Slann or another unit across the board to hold or contest an objective or pick off key units.

Think about playing against it, how can you plan out an attack strategy when you dont even know where you're going to be attacking? How do you protect heroes when a unit or 3 can pop in on top(9") of them? It gives your opponent a lot of variables to try and work out and you get a lot of flexibility in how you approach the match.

9. milman
    Saurus

milman Active Member

Any point info for the dreadsaurian?

Ritual and Captaniser like this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It's a Forge world model. Unless GW upgrades Monstrous Arcanum, nothing will change.

Ritual and Captaniser like this.
  11. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

It was mentioned that Saturday will see the Compendium and Forge World points updated. Scroll Builder will reflect these changes on Saturday also.

Killer Angel and Ritual like this.
  12. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Any chance some warscrolls will also be updated?

Ritual likes this.
  13. Aginor
    Slann

Probably. Reportedly the GHB changes one or two, an I also expect some changes to happen in the next few months.

Ritual likes this.
  14. tom
    Skink

tom Member

It says "You can add 3" to the Move characteristic" which would be doubled when you march your units.
    From saurus guard for example: "A unit that includes any war drums can march in its movement phase. When it does so it doubles its Move characteristic."

So it is an extra 6" if you march, although this removes the ability to charge. Does mean saurus (guard) are marching a solid 16" though and saurus knights are marching 20"

tom ndege and Aginor like this.
  15. Aginor
    Slann

Good point about the marching. you have to be careful to use it (because, as you mentioned, you cannot charge then) but I agree that this added movement does indeed get doubled when marching.

Maaan, we get a lot of mobility. Awesome.

tom ndege likes this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Interesting!
    I hope they will increase the cost of the Mourngul...

Aginor likes this.
  17. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

This marching abilities sound really nice... gives use a possibility to bring some guards to the front quite quickly... maybe combined with a nice roll when teleporting them you have them where you need them (objective) and get the buff for not moving them by round 2... with arcane vassal and /or the increased range of the Slann you can also buff them with mystic shield... making mortal wounds the only real threat for them...

Mark Sinosich likes this.
  18. Aginor
    Slann

I think I remember someone saying that the Rogue Idol will drop to 400 to be available for allying it in.
    Would be pretty strong then, maybe even too strong. Can't find the reference anymore though.

As for the others: Mourngul is probably too cheap and should increase a few points (40 or so), Dread Saurian is OK, perhaps a bit on the expensive side, don't know much about the others.

19. Tozon
    Saurus

Tozon Active Member

I'm super hoping there's an awesome combo with it (Maybe the teleport + vortex trick) as treated myself to one and need to get in on the table :D

Aginor likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah, imagine:

Buffs on the Dread:
    - Hunter's Steed
    - Mystic shield
    - Serpent Staff
    - Starlight
    - Celestial Rites
    - Curse of Fates

Then teleport it next to some archers (like Bonesplitterz which are squishy and have bad bravery. Charge them and eat, like, ten of them and another ten run for their lives. HARHARHAR

Captaniser and Tozon like this.