1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS General's Handbook finally announced !!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Seraphage, Jun 26, 2017.

1. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

After over a year I've just about managed to warm to Age of Sigmar.

I will never, EVER warm to the Stormwank Assternals.

blackrainbow, Griffen, Ritual and 3 others like this.
  2. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Seraphage, Ritual and GreenyRepublic like this.
  3. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

Billabong Condiment.

Srsly though we should have a thread where we come up with silly Benedict Cumberbatch-esque names for the Memecast Eternerds.

Wazz, Ritual and Captaniser like this.
  4. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Dank-kast Metalmerlins.

Ritual and GreenyRepublic like this.
  5. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

Stormcrumb Breadternals.

Ritual likes this.
  6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Or damned ugly, OP Sylvaneth who get far too much credit

Ritual likes this.
  7. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Hear hear!

Ritual likes this.
  8. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

I remember my first match, against that chaos player who got pissy when he lost. Had a speech about "some armies are not fun to play against, take that into consideration". He played Sylvaneth soon after XD

9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I kinda like Sylvaneth to be honest (style-wise, haven't played them yet). I'll see how they play soon. :)

EDIT: And just for the record: I kiiinda like SCE style-wise as well, just not otherwise.

Ritual likes this.
  10. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

IP BAN NOW.

Wazz and Ritual like this.
  11. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Any idea when we might get a preview of the Seraphon Allegiance? :)

12. Aginor
    Slann

Awww come on, I just happen to like the heavy armored style. I didn't know they were carbon copies of Space Marines becasue I never cared about 40K. So I wasn't biased and they fit my favourite color scheme as well: blue/gold (my Seraphon are blue/gold for that very same reason).
    So don't judge me. ;)

13. Lizko
    Skink

Lizko Member

Ain't nobody know nothing right now. But I can't wait for all the info either - legit afraid of buying more right now as who knows if unit preferences change alot upon release

Ritual and Captaniser like this.
  14. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I quite like the Stormcasts as well. They were my introduction to Age of Sigmar and Warhammer in general. I like the models and The backstory seemed cool as well. In fact, before I discovered how much I liked Seraphon, they were going to be my main army. Bear in mind that then (and now) I could probably count the number of games I had played on my hands, so play style and OPness wasn't a factor (and to be honest hasn't been at all. After all, if you're spending your own money on models, why shouldn't get the ones you like the most just because in the game they play in a way that others aren't good at countering. It's your models, get the ones you like, not the ones that are considered 'fair').

I was going to build up a SCE army, and then get the Sylvaneth and Seraphon Start Collecting as almost like support armies (Sylvaneth are another controversial army I like. Again, I don't give a damn how they play. It's my money and I'll spend it on the models I like, not the models my opponent wants me to get because my army is thrashing his). I ended up receiving some of the Stormcast stuff I wanted, and the Seraphon box (I also wanted a couple of the other Sylvaneth and Seraphon models, so I had a Bastilodon as well). I started building them and discovered I preferred Seraphon, so that's how I switched. But I still get Stormcast Eternal stuff. I finished my current Seraphon goal - a Starbeast Constellation, so now I'm finishing my Stormcast collection by getting the stuff I need for the Guardians of the Realmgate Battalion.

So yeah, I like the Stormcast. I was new to Warhammer in general and and Age of Sigmar was the one I liked most, and Stormcast Eternals were the ones that grabbed me out of all of them as the ones I liked most within the range. And I still like them now. I know you all hate them because they have a lot of focus and are like Space Marines. I agree that they do get a highly disproportionate amount of coverage and releases compared to all the other factions, although I must admit I really like all their new models that they received. However, they are the mascots of Age of Sigmar, so some extra coverage is to be expected. The story is told mostly from their point of view and they are the overall 'good guys'. They also are like Space Marines because the Space Marines are the mascot of Games Workshop, so they want the mascot of AoS to echo that. And at least for things like the Starter Set, they want equivalents between both 40k and Sigmar for new players. So you have Space Marines and Stormcast Eternals v Chaos Space Marines and Khorne Bloodbound. The figure types are the same as well (evil hordes, evil monster, heroic foot soldiers that are fewer in number, second in commands with banners etc), so to give new players a choice that isn't bias to either game. And once you have something in the Starter Set, you might as well focus on it, as it is new players introduction to the game, and they are more likely to want to expand it. So that's why they get extra focus. However, I definitely agree that Games Workshop take it way too far.

That just about concludes my unreasonably long rant justifying mine and anyone else's liking of the Stormcast Eternals, and just about any other hated faction. Sorry to to those who sat sat down and read that far too long chunk of writing, but at least you know why I like them, and hopefully you now agree that although you might not like playing against it, there is nothing wrong with anyone's choice. It's their money and they can spend it how they like. If you don't like how they spent it, you can bugger off and play with someone your army can thrash without needing to use your brain, because I am making out said person who is against an army to be doing it because they are a dick. Feel free to do the same though to those who pick an army due to them wanting to beat everyone and aren't sporting. If you want an army due to you liking the models see above with the whole 'their money they choose how to spend it.' If you want an army to be unsportsmanlike, see the 'bugger off' part. But the 'your money you spend it' part still applies.

Sorry, even the conclusion to that was long. I hope you get my point and that I didn't come across seeming high and mighty, or offensive to people, or acting like you're doing something or saying something you're not. This doesn't apply to everyone. If I did do any of that, or anything else along those lines, it wasn't my intention. But yeah, I hope you get my point and that this has changed a few minds about army selection. Again, sorry for the stupidly long post.

15. Aginor
    Slann

I think if there were real balance in the game it would come down to aesthetics and most people would at some point just shrug and say "opinions...blabla...let's go get a beer and continue playing". Unfortunately that's not the case. :(

blackrainbow and Ritual like this.
  16. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

17. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Fangs of Sotek and Dracothian's Tail - let the speculation begin...

Wazz, Seraphage, tom ndege and 3 others like this.
  18. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Fangs of Sotek: sounds like this one might include Jungle swarms....

Dracothian's Tail: No idea, though it does sound a but Saurusy...

Wazz, tom ndege and Ritual like this.
  19. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

Siege Warfare rules, eh? Interesting. I really hope they expand the core AoS ruleset beyond the four-page leaflet we have right now.

20. Gradeaal
    Skink

Gradeaal Member

Fang of sotek is actually a constellation mentioned in the seraphon book. It is led by a scar veteran (Ku-Quar) on carno along with "a host of warriors and lumbering beasts". The book also mentions Zectoka the slann, but makes it sound like he himself is not part of the constellation.

Edit: Dracothions tail is also mentioned actually, it is led by a scar vet on carno as well and sounds like a cavalry/flier starhost. "As befits the constellation from which they come, the seraphon of dracothions tail are quick and unpredictable upon the battlefield, their ranks are filled with knights, ripperdactyls and terradons all led by quar toc on his carnosaur."

Interesting considering they both mention being led by a slann and a scar vet on carno. Although the description of fangs of sotek make it sound monster and magic focused.

Wazz, Seraphage, Tokek and 2 others like this.