1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings fellow saurians.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DrakisKier, Oct 23, 2015.

1. DrakisKier
    Skink

DrakisKier New Member

been lurking for a while, but decided I should make an account and introduce myself.

I was interested in Lizardmen since around 7th edition, but didnt want to have to learn a new game, seeing as i already played 40k.

my collection started with a plastic old blood, bought just for the enjoyment of painting the lizzy, and then i added Gor-rok to my collection. later i won a box of temple guard in a tourney, so that brought my total to 12.

the big break was when AoS dropped... when i finally started to get serious with my army... and found lots of deals with people offloading their armies out of hate of AoS.

so far i have enjoyed my lizards... and im only 7 models away from completing the army i envisioned for my lizzies.. but there are always more spawnings.

El Caimán and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you find tips tricks and all the extras you are looking for! Yeah, the rage quits did make it easier to pick up armies and get into the game!

3. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

Hello fellow lizard! So you started to play AoS or 8th?

4. DrakisKier
    Skink

DrakisKier New Member

I started with AoS. never got into 8th edition, but with the change over i decided to take the plunge.

however, in my acquiring of used armies, i have also become stocked up with 5th edition lizzies as well... which im not as big of a fan of.

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, are you basing your army on round or square, I am torn between them atm.

Get some pics up, we love seeing them :)

6. DrakisKier
    Skink

DrakisKier New Member

squares. i have a nice magma scheme on my lizzies, and i will try to get some good pics when i have the chance.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

Whatever game you play we should be able to help you. If you are going magma, consider Kings of War. The rules our free and their Lizardmen equivalent army: Salamanders are thematically tied to the element of fire. A good reason to go with square bases. Then you can use your minis for 8th, AoS, 9th Age, or KoW.

8. DrakisKier
    Skink

DrakisKier New Member

I will consider it, havent read the rules for kings of war, but im also not the most tournement-minded person.

I looked around some, is there no more forum for trading lizzies here anymore? Was hoping to find someone with a scar veteran with army standard for trade.

9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Trading and buy sell would be a good idea! What are you looking to trade for it?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  10. DrakisKier
    Skink

DrakisKier New Member

Ideally I woukd want to trade for newer lizzies. If you are interested, send a pm and we can talk there.

11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

We used to have a forum dedicated to selling and trading but it received so little traffic we archived it.

That doesn't mean you can't use the forum to try to facilitate trades. You are free to use Flickers, the off topic forum, the painting forum, or the general gaming forum to put out feelers for trades though. Just don't go nuts with double posting across too many different places. Flickers is probably your best bet.

12. DrakisKier
    Skink

DrakisKier New Member

Thank you for the information scalenex.

I will inventory and image my stuff when I can.