1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello everyone brand new to Warhammer in all of its entirety

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bracnos, Oct 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

So I just picked up my lizard man army and have been working on them. I've wanted to get into Warhammer for a while now and I just realized that they had an Aztec / Mayan styled army. So that's why I pick them up don't know much about the Lord said that its vaguely similar to Howe the that culture acted. I actually know nothing about the rules and maybe once I get done with all my painting , I hope to get a game in at my local Games Workshop even though there's going to be a language barrier as my French is terrible:)

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Lizards are a fun army, and with free rule books, you just hae to download it in french and hand the correct scroll to your opponent! Haha! Hopefully you find all the inspiration for painting and playing here!

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard, if you need any help with rules, painting, converting or just want to have a chat you will find loads of helpful posters here. :)

4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Hello and welcome to our awesome forum. If you have any question feel free to ask :)

To learn about our army (WHFB 8th edition) read this:http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/the-8e-lizardmen-handbook-updated-november-2nd-2014.13130/

To learn about Age of Sigmar we have our dedicated forum herehttp://www.lustria-online.com/forums/age-of-sigmar-seraphon-discussion/

However after the release of Age of Sigmar many players have turned to the continuation of WHFB 8th edition called The 9th Age. You can ask me about it otherwise I'm going to make a thread about it soon.

If you want a special (halloween?) avatar just feel free to ask N810 herehttp://www.lustria-online.com/threads/does-anybody-else-want-a-custom-avatar.12655/

n810 likes this.
  5. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

wow i just looked at the games workshop sight...lizardmen are gone from the sight?

6. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Being repacked to round bases. No worries they'll be there again this saturday when the new White Dwarf releases :)

7. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Well since I have no idea what the difference between round and square bases are...hang on dose this mean once I learn the rules that I can't use my army to play age of sigmar. ..when I decided to get into this game I got the state battalion and the hero on the dinosaur with an extra pack of lizard men...did I just buy a unit that is no good?...I mean I like the look so I will just make a set peace and leave them on that if that's the case...

8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Bases don't matter for age of sigmar. You can use whatever base you like.

Bracnos likes this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

:singing: oh thanks i was worried for a moment there

10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Haha! we all were, but GW realized it would be a pain for everyone to have to change bases!

11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Age of Sigmar allows round or square bases.

8th edition requires square bases
    Kings of War requires square bases
    9th age requires square base.

I advise that you use square bases, and that if you end up with round based models that you buy some square bases to transfer them on to so you can use the same models to play four different games.

On yeah, welcome to the forums too!

12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Only thing to consider is which base adds to the look of your models, most miniatures look better on round bases but you will restrict the games you can play.

as @Scalenex says square bases can be used in all games, saying that my chaos army will all be on round as they are for AOS only.

13. Scalenex
    Slann

That pretty much matches what GW's corporate strategy is. They basically said their product line as being for painters who occasionally play games. That's why their models have become more of a display focus and why they simplified the game rules. I'm a gamer who occasionally paints, that's kind of a kick in teeth but that's neither here nor there.

Lustria-Online has gamers who never paint and painters who never play. We accept both extremes here on L-O. as well as everyone in between.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  14. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Very true, I never gamed before AOS but since it's release me and my son have started playing and we love it, we went to Warhammer world last week and loved that, we even did a terrain painting class which was very good and full of good tips and tricks.

15. Scalenex
    Slann

Hah! I edited my post while you were replying and you froze my original text in a quote.

16. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Gotcha :woot: