1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help me pick what to buy next...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Alladin the Paladin, Mar 29, 2020.

?

If I could only buy one thing to round out my Seraphon Models, it would be:

1. Malign Sorcery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lord Kroak

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. one more Salamander

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Start Collecting: Skinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Skink Starseer

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  6. Saurus Guard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. More Skinks or Saurus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Alladin the Paladin Well-Known Member

Hello Lustria,

I wanted some opinions as to what makes the most sense to purchase next for my Seraphon. I have been in the hobby since about 2013 starting with 40K stuff, and have a bunch of armies in various states of completion.

I started a Seraphon army about a year and a half ago on a whim, as my gaming friends got more and more into AoS.

Sotek must have given his blessings, because I now have almost 2K of Seraphon painted and ready to go (an *astronomically* massive feat for me among my gaming group). As such, I plan on rewarding myself with one more purchase for Seraphon before I go back to try and finish my other massive backlogs.

Once done with the current batch of painting, I will have the following models:

1) Slann Starmaster
    2) Skink Starpriest
    3) Skink Priest (concerted)
    4) Oracle on Troglodon
    5) Oldblood on Carnasaur
    6) Oldblood/Sunblood on foot
    7) Astrolith Bearer

8) 20 Saurus with Spears
    9) 20 Skinks with Spears/Shields
    10) 30 Skinks with Blowpipes/Sheilds

11) Bastiladon with Solar Engine
    12) Stegadon/EoTG/Skink Chief (magnetized)

13 3 Razordons (converted, can use as Salamanders)
    14) 2 Salamanders (concerted)

15) Balewind Vortex

Whenever I ask my gaming group I get “Dread Saurian” even though I specifically remove that as an option. It is not feasible budget-wise at the moment.

Thanks!

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well you have several options based off of what you wan't to do.
    if your going saurus you have the suport heros for it so all youe need is 40-70 more warriors
    or you could go skinks a you would need more but they are cheep
    things that would go well in every thing would be kroxigors, salamanders, kroak. and malyned sorcery

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I say Kroak, Malign Sorcery, or Starseer.

4. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Thabks! Yeah, when I start thinking of where I want this army to go, I get way too ahead of myself (like hundreds and hundreds of dollars ahead of myself!) Therefore, I’ve decided to make one final purchase (or maybe two smaller ones, not much more than the $100-ish range) to “finish” my Seraphon for now.

If I go Saurus I would need a bucket more to make a full saurus list (which I am less keen on in the short to medium turn)

If I get the start collecting skinks, I can get a blob of 40 skinks, and also unlocks Shadowstrike and thunderquake for me (which are not super competitive with just 3 Terradons or with 2 bastiladons, respectively, but at least I have the option)

I would love Kroxigors eventually but the sculpt is a nonstarter for me (wish I was able to get my hands on those amazing ones someone made on Lustria years ago... remember passing by that thread a long time ago)

I can proxy my Slann as Kroak so buying Kroak would only be if I plan to use 2 at once

I could get a final Salamander and another box of something I guess.

Malign sorcery is kind of where I am leaning, I feel it adds the most flexibility to what I currently own, but thought I would get some other opinions out there.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Thank you. Those are all fairly high on my mental list.

Thr Starseer is so damn good when using buffed up monsters, a blob of poison skinks, buffed saurus, salamanders etc... He is a strong contender for utility purposes. (Edit: in my causal games with friends, I can even proxy him as a Slann and use my Slann as a Kroak in a pinch)

As I mentioned above, Kroak would mainly serve to run a dual Slann/Kroak list, otherwise I can just proxy my Slann for him.

Not sure if it is better to have one plus endless spells, or two without any endless spells...

6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

depends on what endless spells you wan't to run there are a few very good ones now

7. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Yeah, I see a use for purple sun, pendulum, geminids, cogs, endless lifeswarm, but some of the cheaper ones also have a bit of utility (and when you have 40 pts left, why not?

I probably wouldn’t do an endless spell spam list, but with one Slann and 1-2 skink casters, I can see a BwV + 1-2 other spells in a fair bit of the lists in my mind...

8. Leuco
    Jungle Swarm

Leuco New Member

Kroak is so powerfull, so i would clearly buy him. Some Guards to protect him, is than the next step.