1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Herrod's Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Herrod, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Herrod
    Skink

Herrod New Member

So after a few months off from painting and playing around with the new book (bat reps will be coming soon) I have managed to complete my 2nd unit of skink skirmishers and the Slann.

I apologise for not updating this on a much more regular basis but painting enthusiasm did leave me for a while.

Now I'm rambling here are the pics.....

Skirmishers.jpg

Slann.jpg

So there they are, what I'm wanting to do next is do a unit of saurus warriors or temple guard for the slann, does anyone have any hints on how not to burn out or get bored with painting 25 - 30 of the same models?

Cheers

Herrod

Warden likes this.
  2. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

I just make sure I have different models to work on. Right now I am converting a Saurus OB on Cold one, painting a batch of 10 Saurus Warriors and working on my Slann conversion.

Just try to keep it diverse. I also tend to paint a batch of 10 rank and file models, then paint a character, then paint another batch, etc etc.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I really like the unique paint on your Slann. :)

4. Herrod
    Skink

Herrod New Member

I think I need to do this, I usually prefer to paint units all in one go but I think that is what usually burns me out, I have 2 cowboy vets to convert a little and paint so will probably do 10 RnF then cowboy then repeat. Thanks Haemoglobin for the advice.

Thanks n810

Cheers

Herrod

5. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Units of 10 Skinks aren't that bad, but I know that I can barely paint 10 Saurus Warriors, let alone an entire 30man block of them :p

6. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Awesome! Love the paint on these guys. Those crests on the skinks really 'pop!' The Slann is excellent as well.

7. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

Love the colors on the skinks, as well as the Slann. The basing is also excellent.