1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How can I use my Engine of the Gods?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by N1nj4, May 16, 2016.

1. N1nj4
    Jungle Swarm

N1nj4 New Member

So I'm fairly new to AoS (I've played 40k for a while and I thought I'd give it a go) and I recently bought an engine for my seraphon. I decided to test him out the other day with a game against a nurgle demon prince, and a couple nurgle heroes. I read through the rules before the game and felt pretty confident that I was going to win (3D6 Crushing Stomps, being able to summon units and take another turn sounds pretty good). Well let's just say at the end of the game the only thing I had alive was the starpriest I summoned ( I only have skink units right now :/ ) Am I using him wrong? Plz halp D:

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Best use would be sitting him near a slann and a skink starseer, roll your four dice from the slann and use curse of fates on it from the starseer. Up your chances to get the roll you want, it's more useful as support than as an attacker.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    N1nj4 likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

As said, EotG is a heavy support unit, that can say a couple of things in combat, but its main use is to help the army with useful and unique abilities.
    You absolutely need to keep near a Slann, to roll 4 dices. If Kroak, you'll also have a nice reroll, but it can be done also with a Starseer.
    So, cosmic engine.

Summoning is not exactly a trap, but it's not so useful. You already have Slann for summoning, it could serve just to call big things (Dread Saurian? :p).
    The real good abilityes come with 18+ (free turn FTW), 6-9 (d6 mortal wounds is huge), and also 10-13 (when the enemy surrounds you)

Bowser likes this.