1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion How do the Lizardmen travel the world?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Megad00mer, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Megad00mer
    Skink

Megad00mer New Member

Do the Lizardmen ever fight outside Lustria in the fluff, and if so how do they travel? With Mazdamundi and the other Slann deciding it's time for all undesirables to be cleansed so the Great Plan can be restored, I'd imagine the Lizardmen armies would need to leave Lustria to do this. Hell, the latest WD battle report supposedly took place in Nehekhara, right?

So, if the Lizardmen do fight abroad, what means do they use to travel? I've heard loads of different theories ranging from "On the backs of giant sea turtles" to "They have a series of magic portals linking them to the whole world".

Anything official about this? Just curious. Thanks.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

they hae a lot of magic portals/warpgates/webways whatever you want to call them, they are set up on the intersections of the geomantic web laeyine intersections along with the templles..
    I hear they cover this bit of fluff a bit more in the new book. :pompus:

3. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

I also imagine the Saurus can just march for days and days with minimal rest.

4. Malebranche
    Saurus

Malebranche Member

The aquatic ones could just swim but I like the sea turtle idea. Although "A Slann did it" always works.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The 5th ed book book had Mazdamundi parting the sea to let LM walk to the Old World.

I tend to view teleporting/portals as the way to go in my own fluff pieces, but riding giant Sea Turtles is good too. I'd imagine the Slann could speed them up.

6. pgarfunkle
    Saurus

pgarfunkle Member

Yeah I'm sure I've read stuff about old pathways across the old world linking sites of power that the lizardmen can use to transport their armies wherever they want to go. However I do love the idea of lLizardmen taking to the sea on the backs of giant sea turtles to defend their shores. I have been trying to come up with a ship along these lines to include in Dreadfleet.

7. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

In the book there is a section where a whole army teleports to cut a Dark Elf army off from running away with a powerful artifact.

Or they could just use giant floating plaques like the Slanns....

8. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

I've always put it down to using the Geomantic web as some kind of warping device, like some ultra 'warp between worlds'. It's the most practical way considering the materials and items needed to be transported for the new city in Albion (was hoping it would be mentioned in the new book somewhat..)

9. Ssword1995
    Cold One

Ssword1995 Member

Theres also huge tunnels connecting lustroa to all the known world. That how the skaven from clan pestilence got into lustroa and were chasrd out the same way back to the southlands :) also thats how the dark elves :pompus: raid lustria when not using their black arks