1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy from down-under

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nexi, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

Heya champs and greetings from south of the pond (Australia), the place where jungles are sparse, the wildlife is dangerous and is actively trying to kill you, the environment is passively trying to kill you and where the flora sits somewhere in between.

Used to do some painting on the side some 18 years back but was a clueless youngling who was super impressed when the yellow line on an ultramarine shoulderpad was painted on without getting on the helmet. My brother and I recently splurged a bit on the new AoS starter set and some paints. My Sigmarines are almost completed and because I love freedom of colour scheme (he says with a totally straight face having just painted a bunch of blue and gold Stormcast Eternals) I made a second splurging of dollarydoos on some Seraphon, and yep, I am calling them that because I have some fluff that I am polishing in the back of my mind that requires them to be celestial warriors rather than aztec lizards, assuming that fluff is the term given to your own back story, character names and so on? If not then I have ideas about the lore of my units.

Here's what I have coming
    -Oldblood on Carnosaur (though I may wind up building the trog, not sure yet)
    -Skink Starpriest because that model is magnificent
    -Skinks because I need practice and bulk
    -Knights see above
    -Dactyls
    -paints to fill in gaps in palette (mainly green, orange, yellow and purple combination of bases, shades and layers)

My schemes/names and so on are going to be inspired by actual constellations and celestial colours. I have plans for a squad of dark matter chameleon skinks painted black with layers up to purples blues and greens and a speckling of white representing stars, dark matter because we know it is there but we can't detect it, much like one might expect from a chameleon doing it's job properly. My Oldblood will likely be called Orion and he will be riding a carny called Betlegeuse or Rigel and a colour scheme reflecting the red or blue star.

Anyhoo, it is 2AM here but I just thought I would say hi as I can now (or when the delivery shows up) claim to be part of the lizardmen family. I'll post some pics of my Sigmarines tomorrow sometime because I could use some critique from folk who have far more skill than I currently do =D

-Nexi

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing the finished product of your army and reading your fluff! Always looking forward to see seraphon fluff!

3. Nexi
    Skink

Nexi New Member

In retrospect I should have made the intricate lion shoulder pads a silver or brass to add some colour variation to the models. So far I am most pleased with the 2 Primes though there is very much room for improvement. Anything remotely resembling layering with metallics seems frustrating so outside a base/shade/dry brush there isn't a great deal going on there. Either way, this is my starting point, from here there is only upward.
    20151223_131251.jpg 20151223_131259.jpg 20151223_131308.jpg

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard and they look might fine, get a blog started in the painting section if your planning on posting more pics,

http://www.lustria-online.com/forums/painting-and-converting.16/

We love seeing new armies and enjoy commenting on your work, make sure you have a look through some off if not all the painting blogs to gain ideas (and like all my posts)

Over and out

Crowsfoot

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

I smell fluff. Where is it?

You can keep it safely here.

Trust us....

Bowser likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria.

Personally, I'd go for Rigel. Orion & Rigel rolls better upon my tongue. ;)

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

We always welcome Australians here, except for @spawning of Bob, he is on probation. He knows what he did.

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Ah, Australia... the place where the fauna is perfectly equipped to efficiently kill you. Thus meeting the criteria of a lustrian playground.

9. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

What I don't know is who snitched. You're ALL on probation.