1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Ilkain's November Escalation reports

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by ILKAIN, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:02 PM.

1. ILKAIN
    Salamander

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

So guys this will be my thread for my fights in my league for this month. prolly wont have any pictures for the first few weeks as the points are so low and the battles are going to go quick, but I do want to get into a better habit of tracking what I do wrong and right and get feed back as I start to get more active again in the competitive scene.

Lizerd and LizardWizard like this.
  2. ILKAIN
    Salamander

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Week 1 battle 1 vs LoN (350 points.)

this one was kinda simple. the other player is known for being WAAC, being that guy and rage quitting. I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. he had a necromancer a unit of skelleton warriers and a unit of dreadwalker zombies. I brought a slann and 10 warriors with clubs. I won the initiative for turn one, noticed that his skeletons and zombies were not within 3" of the necro, and went in for the quick kill. I used LOSAT to port my slann behind his lines and then hit the necromancer with Metoric convocation for 2 wounds (he failed to unbind this one). I then used the Shyish spell that deals d3 mortal and if its 3 they also lose bravery. I hit for 2 wounds. using my last cast I took the necromancers 5th wound with arcane bolt. he picked up his army and went onto his next battle.

yes I know this was mean, but this series will be competitive, and he is the LGS's "THAT GUY", and I was advised to teach him a lesson by the LGS owner lol.

3. LizardWizard
    Skar-Veteran

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Well played!

Lizerd and ILKAIN like this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Salamander

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Week 1 Battle 2 Vs Iron Jaws

mission was knife to the heart, played on a 4x4 board.

Seraphon
    260 Slann general, great rememberer, Miasma blade, metoric convocation,
    90 10x Warriors, Clubs

Iron Jaws
    megaboss on foot
    5x ardboys
    5x brutes

Seraphon turn 1
    I get the initiative and go first. trade 2 spells for CCP and use the third to cast the shadow spell that gives a friendly unit -1 to be hit on the warriors that are screening between his guys (placed as close to my territory as possible of course lol) and my slann/ objective. there are two terrain pieces that are causing a funnel and I place the warriors in a curved line to use them to choke it off. one of the terrain pieces is -1 bravery. I ensure that my warriors are 1.5 inches away. I summon a razordon and place it directly behind the alpha in the middle of the line.

Iron Jaws turn 1.
    He places his ard boys on the objective. they will stay there most of the battle. his brutes and mega boss come barreling down the funnel, (brutes in front of the mega boss affecting its move/charge) he uses the command point to move them into charge range, and he has +1 to charge as he is the iron suns keyword. thankfully its still a 12" charge. he rolls a 10 for the brutes charge, the mega is out side of 12. nothing gets in turn one.

S T2
    I keep the initiative. knowing the brutes are coming in, and knowing my opponenent didn't watch my first battle, I decided to get more summoning points and make the wariors -1 to be hit. I now have 8 ccp I get a unit of skinks and place them directly on the objective, down to 2ccp. realizing that his ardboys haven't moved I decide to bait the trap. I end my turn with exactly on skink shooting at the brutes performing as expected lol.

IJ T2
    he has no casters, or ranged, moves his boys in close and then makes an easy charge with both brutes and the mega boss. I use the razordon "overwatch" ability on the megaboss and get off 10 attacks of which 3 get through! (thanks -1 rend!) the brutes are within the -1 bravery terrain he elects to have the mega fight first. the dice gods love me! he only kills two warriors. I then select my warriors and split the attacks 4 and 4 on the brutes and boss, with the alpha on the boss. I roll the brutes first and manage to get in 3 wounds killing one of the models. then I roll the mega boss and get 6 wounds! he saves 2 (one of them is a 6 and it does a mortal to my warriors) but the boss has died! this has changed the game big time. he rolls his brutes attacks and takes all but one warrior out. I decide to leave the banner as the only one left. my opponent asks why I didn't keep the alpha and I show him that he's in range of the -1 bravery terrain and -1 bravery from the banner, and he just says "crap". I pile in the razordon and am able to kill one more brute!. battle shock happens -2 bravery brings the brutes to 4 an 2 loses means only a 2 is safe. he rolls a 4 and loses two more models leaving only his alpha. my warriors are toast. I lost 9 and rolled a 2.

IJ T3
    He double turns me, THANK SOTEK the dice gods were against him last turn or this would be my loss. the brute obliterates the razordon.

S T3
    we are nearing the end. I cast meteoric convocation and kill the brute. then get 6 more CCP. I losat one set of skinks 13" away from the ard boys on his obj. I summon 10 more skinks. I shoot the ardboys and do 1 damage with the skinks. my opponent has relized he cannot actually win, but can keep me to a mnor victory if he can hold out for 2 turns and decides not to concede,

S T4
    I get the double turn. I losat the new skinks to 9" away from the ardboys, (directly opposite where the other skinks are located, with the boyz in the middle) and move the other group in close. I roll the charge for both skinks. the 9" fails but the first group gets in easily. for Knife to the heart this is an immediate victory as I control both objectives at any point.

5. LizardWizard
    Skar-Veteran

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Well played!

Nice luck vs that Megaboss. He can do some real work at that point level. You capitalized on the moment well.

Lizerd and ILKAIN like this.
  6. ILKAIN
    Salamander

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

poor guys rolls were unreal. my plan was to just hold him off for a turn or two and port my guys in to have more models on the obj... but him dropping was a literal game changer.

7. Lizerd
    Carnasaur

Lizerd Well-Known Member

LoSaT is awesome, very good use of objective grabbing and seraphon mobility. Very interesting battle reports!

LizardWizard likes this.