1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kroq-gar

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Captain Chameleon, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Captain Chameleon
    Skink

Captain Chameleon New Member

I was wondering if Kroq-gar is worth all the points that he cost... (dunno if i'm allowed to post the value)
    i got the model recently and i'm not sure if I would be better off taking an oldblood on a carnosaur, proxying the model

Taking Kroq-gar (and slann) makes my minimum army size 4000 points, as the max amount of points you can have for lords is 25%. I have not yet got 4000 points, so it would be a while untill i am able to use him...

An Oldblood on a carnosaur costs roughly about half the amount of points and allows me to have a smaller sized army to use him in

back to my question: what would i be better off doing?
    - taking kroq-gar and going for a 4000 point army
    - taking oldblood on carnosaur and having about 2500 points

any feedback is much appreciated :D

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Most special characters are not really worth their points, you can build an old blood pretty much as good as Kroq as you say for half the points, definitely a better option.

As for army size, the odd 4000 point battle is lots of fun but won't happen often. The biggest thing it will give you is a lot more variety to change your 2k-2.5k lists. Really, how much you buy is completely up to you.

3. Captain Chameleon
    Skink

Captain Chameleon New Member

ok thanks, maybe i'll just save Kroq for legendary battles and use an oldblood for lesser point battles

4. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

Kroq Gar is probably our worst SC choice.