1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Lazoxoatls Army

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Lazoxoatl, May 20, 2009.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Very dynamic use of posing. Could you perhaps put up a pictured tutorial on your process for posing something? Give some of us some idea about how you worked that out?

Great work. (and your English is ok)

Again, awesome work.

2. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

the commando skinks are pretty rad.

3. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Thanks for very positive comment ;).
    Unfortunately, I didn't make the "process pictures". Guess, I will do that in future ;) But I might try to write down some description of the process, if you wish (just tell me, in what you are interested ;)).

But it's nothing really special, just some cutting of legs, pinning and greenstuffing...

4. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

luv the second skink....and such a nice pose..ahh i used to have something vaguely simialar but it broke :( ahh well ill probably mend it some time any way good work ;)

5. Tiktaqto
    Skink

Tiktaqto New Member

The last one on the pole is really great! :) Can't wait to see him painted!

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah very cool skink models mate, great work! That is similar to what I want my charmeleon skinks to look like, however, I don't think I have quite that level of GS skill...

7. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Thank you all for your comments. I was really pleased a motivated to continue my work.

But enough of skinks for now (well, salamanders and their handlers are on their way, but thats for another time ;)), now I present you my Saurus Scar-Veteran. He is based on the temple guardian, but I've added quite a lot of things and have 'played' a little with the weapon (made a HW from his halberd). Hope you like him ;)
    ScarVeteran1.jpg
    ScarVeteran2.jpg ScarVeteran3.jpg
    ScarVeteran4.jpg
    ScarVeteran5.jpg
    (I still don't have a name for him, so if you have any idea, I am all ears.)

And as a cherry on the top of a cake, I attach my conversion of EotG. You know, it is ENGINE - somekind of MACHINE or DEVICE. I wanted something more then just a golden/stone ring. I wanted something more machinelike. Plus I really love the arcanodon from the Lustria book. So I decided to make something similar. And here he comes (still WIP):
    EngineoftheGodsWIP0.jpg
    EngineoftheGodsWIP1.jpg
    EngineoftheGodsWIP2.jpg
    EngineoftheGodsWIP3.jpg
    EngineoftheGodsWIP4.jpg

As you can see, the EotG is "interactive". I used pins and magnets so i can alter the alignement of the device according to the active special ability during the game. I'll probably post some detail shots soon, so you can see how exactly it works ;)

Of course C&Cs are welcome.

Imrahil and Jorgik like this.
  8. Rokanos
    Kroxigor

Rokanos Well-Known Member

The "device" on the steg is awesome! Also, liking the color scheme you started on its head. Looking forward to more shots.

P.S.- It might just be the pics, but I think the scar vet could use some washes.

9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Very kool Engine Conversion. :smug:

10. FavoredoftheOldOnes
    Terradon

FavoredoftheOldOnes Member

Your conversions are absolutely amazing! I especially love this skinks and love what you did with the EOTG

11. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Thanks for comments.

Rokanos: Yes, you're right ;) I really forgot to use the blue wash. Thank you for reminding me this.

Ad EotG: There will be some more improvements in near future, I hope. Hopefully, I've encoraged you to make something similar ;) But beware: this engine takes a lot of space on the howdah. I am currently solving the problem with not enough room for the crew (I guess, some of the must take a walk on their own feet :)).

12. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

A cool idea would be to have a couple of them mounted to the sides (i.e. hanging off the howdah). Kind of like some of your other conversions. You could even magnetize them so you could remove them when they die.

Just a thought.

13. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Well, I am already working on magnetizing. The hanging guys croosed my mind, but it would be kinda tricky conversion (but really cool and challenging :))

Thanks for your opinion ;)

14. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Speaking of EotG crew, I've already asembled the Priest. Obviosly, I swapped the head of his staff (this one comes from Battlemage kit - but you probably know that). I wanted him to have a staff which allows him to operate the Engine and this "head" is IMO doing hell of a job ;)
    On the pictures, the Priest is standing on base made from a scenery piece from Steggie kit. You can also see the pinning (there are holes and magnets in the base), so I can put him on Engine and when (accidentaly) steggie dies before priest, I can put him on his own foot...

EnginePriest3.jpg
    EnginePriest2.jpg
    EnginePriest1.jpg
    EnginePriest4.jpg

15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Kool Idea,
    That Stegie kit is probaly one of
    the best kits for making conversions. :)

16. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

Definitely ;)

17. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

One of my side-projects:

th_EldarAvengers5.jpg th_EldarAvengers3.jpg
    (its clickable thumbnail - i finally realized how to post it on this forum ;))

Attached Files:

18. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very nice, cool looking colour scheme.

19. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

I have promised to post some photos of my salamander hunting packā€¦ Here it comes:
    th_SalamanderHerders3.jpg th_SalamanderHerders2.jpg th_SalamanderHerders1.jpg th_SalamanderHerd1.jpg
    th_SalamanderB3.jpg th_SalamanderB2.jpg th_SalamanderB1.jpg th_SalamanderA3.jpg
    th_SalamanderA2.jpg th_SalamanderA1.jpg
    C&C welcome.

(EotG crew locked and loaded :) another WIP shots coming soon ;))

20. Lazoxoatl
    Saurus

Lazoxoatl New Member

SeBM made a quick sweep over my plog on TPV and reminded me of one older saurus musician conversion. I haven't posted it here yet, so here the guy is.

th_Saurus-004-Musicianwithhorn1.jpg th_Saurus-004-Musicianwithhorn3.jpg th_Saurus-004-Musicianwithhorn5.jpg th_Saurus-004-Musicianwithhorn6.jpg

If you are interested, I made a horn using VC Skeleton Warriors horn bit, Saurus head and some spikes and feathers from saurus standard.

Attached Files: