1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Legion of Nagash V Maggotkin 1000ish points

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Crowsfoot, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

We had a game Sunday, just a simple kill game and didn't field the strongest of lists.

I played Death,

20 skeleton warriors
    20 skeleton warriors
    3 spirit hosts
    5 hexwraiths
    1 wight king with black axe
    1 necromancer
    1 Tomb banshee

Archie played Maggots

3 plague drones
    3 plague drones
    3 nurglings
    3 nurglings
    30 plague bringers
    1 pox bringer

Turn 1

Archie went first and just moved everything up, I did the same.

19E4F3F9-BADA-4B5E-9D62-6FE9F992DA7D.jpeg

5571C622-6DD0-4734-BD72-753EF383055E.jpeg

Turn 2

I won and cast Lord of bones and Vanhels danse macarbe on one unit of warriors moved everything up and was nicely positioned to charge, everything went off ok and I plunged the warriors into the plague bringers and plague drones the hexwraiths into the drones and my spirit hosts into the other drones.

Melee went ok I killed 5 plague bringers and Archie returned killing a spirit host, I attacked with the hexwraiths doing nothing and Archie killed 3 with the drones, I then attacked with the warrirors again and took 1 drone and 3 bearers, Archie killed another spirit host.

Archies turn, he wipes the hexwraiths, I attack again with the spirit hosts hoping to kill a drone, nothing he returns fire and kills one.

I attack with the warriors and kill a drone, Archie attacks with the remaining plague bearers, he has them on 3 units and rolls really well but I do just as good on the saves.

Turn 3

I win again and cast lord of bones and danse again on my full unit of 20 warriors, I bring back a spirit host and 5 skeletons to my damaged unit, Archie is looking worried!!!

I plough everything into him, wight king and all, then his friend turns up and he's off to go on the xbox!!!!!!!!!

34D4D78B-FCE5-4E3E-9EEE-3CD52D25E7DD.jpeg

EB41C4C6-1E13-4A4B-A37D-0D4C1E3FBDC7.jpeg

E466CF7C-C61F-45D2-9D49-15A9DF54DF4A.jpeg

30AED3BF-37C4-4F20-872A-D5E641E96529.jpeg

BEB870F2-1AA3-46EE-BE97-EA42658DD6A3.jpeg

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Saved by the bell! :D

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I think the Maggots would have won they are so damn hard to kill!!

4. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Is Archie your own child? It would be nice to have a built in home opponent! I have a a lot of years left before my own son is ready (just turned 2). Maybe by then my army will be painted!

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Haha, yes Archie is my 11 year old son, my daughter is 5 and she is on my team, we keep trying to get "mum" interested but nothing doing.

6. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Family warfare sounds awesome :p

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Stopping in the middle of a Warhammer game to play computer games? Sacrilege! The game must always be followed through to its conclusion!

On a side note, I love those card buildings you've got on your battlefield - what company are they from? Also, is it me or is the baseboard also a pre-printed one?

It is - I often play Fantasy, 40K and Middle Earth with my dad and it's always great fun. He loves anything Greenskin-based, so quite often we see a load of Night Goblins or Snakebite Orks running around the battlefield, and he also plays High Elves in Fantasy and Dark Eldar in 40K. One of my uncles also plays 40K and he sometimes comes down for a game as well. My favourite thing about family games, certainly with the warhammer-playing members of my family, is that we always play just for the fun of playing a game, and we never try to build the most killy list to try and stomp our opponents flat or anything like that. Another perk is that, providing the other members of your family aren't at work or school, they'll always be there to play games with, so you're generally not loafing around looking for someone to game with.

Xasto likes this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

The buildings are Dave Graffam from rhe war vault, yes the mat is a pvc printed one.

The card buildings were about £25 for 40 designs and you just download the pdfs