1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Lizardmen Hammer and Anvil Tactics

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by superskink3000, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have seen that tactic used before, but never really thought about it. It is something that would be worth a try.

2. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Yeah, you don't really lose anything by trying it, me thinks. Except some inches from your deployment zone, maybe.

3. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

I hear a lot of 'Stegadon Warspear is great against High Elves' but shouldn't 2D6+1 Magical S6 attacks be good against pretty much anyone? Why so much more against High Elves specifically?

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Because you get the 2d6+1 impact hits, those wounds count for combat rez against the HE. They get the reroll on the to hit rolls due to the ASF and Higher I. The Stegadon being t6 helps keep the elves from wounding, but the impact hits followed by the thunderstomp will really add up with combat rez.

5. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

I hear ya. One of my regular opponents is high elves. Hate the re-rolls... though it's nice when he rolls forty dice... and wounds two.

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The Ancient Steggy gets a stand and shoot and a lower AS than a regular Steggy but against HEs, regular and Ancient Steggy's have the same killing power with the Stegadon Warspear.

HE are T3 across the board, you can bring a regular Stegadon and forget the Ancient Stegadon. 2d6+1 S5 already wound on 2 and have a -2 to AS (which negates the armor save of all noncharacter HE infantry).